SOLD: La Scala pair Hot Rod Cherries (REVISITED - read)

Matthews

EDIT: Will trade for a pair of RF-7 or possibly a pair of KLF-30 plus $1000 cash. 

My personal La Scala pair.  Crites tweeters, Crites oil can type A crossovers (bi-ampable).  Crossovers have -4dB option on the mid driver.

Custom, tri cane grill work.  Semi-gloss Cherry finish.

$1800 local pick-up, Columbia MO.

right.jpg.dd0a3ce05f15c740849818e6571b5a48.jpg

left.jpg.63f47823273f8577fe84c020af8c6342.jpg

post-36834-0-68380000-1456487926.jpg

tag2 (Medium).jpg

tag1 (Medium).jpg

Will get better photos with natural light in the coming day or so. 

rig1.thumb.jpg.97f9220c0145dcab73dfeba51133a7f7.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 4

When I track prices, I also note condition and grade the speakers, A, B, C, D, F.  If I could find some brand new old stock I would rate those in  Condition "A."

Yours are the first A+.  Condition and performance, better than stock.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtr20 said:

What will you have left to listen to? 

For temporary, will likely find some small stand ins along with a nice little Yammy integrated I already have.  Once the speakers sell I am going to have to really push my Tool Shed amps as well.  Didn't want to resort to this but the amps will be listed on eBay and AudioGon.

A major "bump in the road" of life has emerged.  As much as I love my rig, food on the table and Hot Rod in the garage take priority over the audio.  Trust me, this hurts :(

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

When I track prices, I also note condition and grade the speakers, A, B, C, D, F.  If I could find some brand new old stock I would rate those in  Condition "A."

Yours are the first A+.  Condition and performance, better than stock.

Muchas Gracias my friend :)   -   It kills me to have to let them go.  Tough times, tough measures...

Come on now Matt. Time to sell the hot rod and get back into stereo gear. I have met lots of nice folks as they travel through StL on the way to pick up one of your creations in Mid MO.  Missouri will no longer be a hot bed for custom speakers if you sell off the last of your stuff. Plus, your sub will get lonely if you sell off the LS's with the matching grills. Stop breathing exhaust fumes and get back to inhaling saw dust like you're supposed to.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Come on now Matt. Time to sell the hot rod and get back into stereo gear. I have met lots of nice folks as they travel through StL on the way to pick up one of your creations in Mid MO.  Missouri will no longer be a hot bed for custom speakers if you sell off the last of your stuff. Plus, your sub will get lonely if you sell off the LS's with the matching grills. Stop breathing exhaust fumes and get back to inhaling saw dust like you're supposed to.

Very nice of you to say, Mookie :)  This is merely a temporary set back.  Have no fear, I will be back to LS custom restoration  in the near future.  I have learned so much over the last few years.  The next pair is going to blow your mind.  Now that I have my very own full shop here at home, no holds barred.  I have a stinking suspicion edition "Plum Crazy" revisited.  Just have to get over this HUGE hump in the road of life (temporary)

FYI, the 700 horsepower Hot Rod is not going anywhere.  To sink back into the seat and smell that sweet exhaust is the stuff dreams are made of :D

23motor.jpg

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Does they old lady across the street like the sound of your La Scalas or your hot rod more?

Ha :P They both rattle her windows.  However, the Hot Rod rattles the windows in every house on the block.  I don't think anyone likes me :unsure:

• Like 7

I got to hear these in person, and they were fantastic.  I sorely wish I could bring them home to live with their Chorus siblings but my house is tiny, my wife is already fed up with my current speaker situation, and I need to save for a larger house where I will have space for such wonderful items :).

My best to your neighbor BTW...not sure we rattled her windows the night I picked up the Chorus, but I'd like to think so :).

• Like 1