SOLD: La Scala pair Hot Rod Cherries (REVISITED - read)

Matthews

Your La Scalas give my spreadsheet categorizations fits.  Your sale is the highest I've recorded for LS, but can I really compare your highly customized LS's to stock units?  The answer is "no" but I kinda have to.  Where else can I categorize it?

My highest rating is Condition A.  Yours got rated A++, one Plus for furniture grade upgraded cabinet work, and the other Plus for upgraded crossover and tweeter.

Let's hope you Buyer becomes a Forum member.  It looks like he has a real eye for quality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schu said:

I thought there was a pair of seafoam green la scalas with finished hardwood martineli mid horns and super tweeters that sold for more?  Around 3500

if I remember corrclectly.

I don't know why, that made me chuckle.  It's been a rough day. 

+++

I don't remember those $3500 LS you referenced, it's likely I just missed it.  If I had enough samples I think I would create a new category for heavily modded LS.  It's already the most sampled with about 40 sales.

And I do have problems categorizing speakers that are too high or too low out of the normal range.  Part of the other problem is I don't really "know" what a speaker pair sold for.  Unless it's an auction of some type, or unless somebody PM's me with sold prices, I am assuming.

There are different ways I can average, for instance by throwing out the highest and lowest prices and using other mathematical formulas (mean, median, mode) but I haven't gotten that sophisticated yet.  I can also use the entire range and to come up with a standardized range and calculate Standard Deviation from the mean, but again, I haven't tried applying that level of statistics.

It's about having fun and trying to be helpful in pricing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matthews said:

WOW! you really don't like those being in there?

On my way, Sir Mookie :huh2:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Nah, I think he's just having a little fun with you.  :)

If he really wants them out of his office, he could drop them off at my place.  I'll hang on to them for a while if you want, like two or three years?  :D

• Like 3

Just now, wvu80 said:

Nah, I think he's just having a little fun with you.  :)

If he really wants them out of his office, he could drop them off at my place.  I'll hang on to them for a while if you want.  :D

I know where his office is. And I'm good at spiriting speakers out of Missouri.

Matthews better shake a leg....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

now that they are gone, I kinda miss 'em!

22 minutes ago, cincymat said:

What we need here are pictures..

23 minutes ago, cincymat said:

R7's setup blasting the neighborhood from Matthew's living room!

I love them!!! :wub:

58e94e360d6d8_7rig.thumb.jpg.f83a5e08ad6430411fd93f097e65343e.jpg

...and look at this groovy little plaque that was hidden in with them  -  Was like opening a box of Lucky Charms :emotion-51:

58e94ebab2f48_7plaque.thumb.jpg.9670bb43e0bc5de1f767d8e589ea1d74.jpg

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, cincymat said:

What we need here are pictures..

Empty office from you,

AND

R7's setup blasting the neighborhood from Matthew's living room!

:emotion-29::emotion-29::emotion-22:

Mark

I think you owe the forum a few pictures. I have not seen any since you were seen smuggling khorns, lumber and a small dog out of Missouri!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthews said:
13 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I think you owe the forum a few pictures.

...ditto

Great idea fellows!  I think I'm going to start a spreadsheet to keep track of who posts pictures!

And who doesn't...:angry:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I think you owe the forum a few pictures. I have not seen any since you were seen smuggling khorns, lumber and a small dog out of Missouri!

9 minutes ago, Matthews said:

...ditto

All in due time, all in due time..

DSC01757-XL.jpg

all you you get is a small dog photo. Which is one more photo than from either of you..

• Like 1