Help with EQ settings for R-28F

PhosphorEater

Hello,

I'm very much a novice and recently purchased two R-28Fs and an Onkyo receiver. Out of the box and after using the receiver's accueq system, the sound is about as far from desirable as is possible to get. The sound is very muddy, boomy, and you name it. I'm guilty of attempting to plug and play and now I'm desperate to figure out how to sort my mess out. Are there any EQ settings or something I could try? I've read the speakers need breaking in, and etc. I'm at a loss and would appreciate any advice.

This sound you don't like--is that on video or music?

Are you just running 2 channels?  There is nothing wrong with plug and play

after you run your room EQ.  Many people here run Onkyo AVR's but I personally

prefer a different brand because I find them to sound bloated and boomy.

How does the system sound without the Accueq?  Have you tried that?

Does yours have a manual EQ where you can make all the adjustments yourself?

If it does and you system sounds too bloated--you can do a little EQing to reduce

the booming.

In my system I use the Denon Room Correction for video and I do Not use it for music.

For music I do a manual EQ with speaker level adjustments to get the best sound for my room.

It might take you a little time to set the system to your taste--but have fun and experiment

to see how good you can make your system sound.

Welcome to The Forum--try not to spend too much money.

It's easy when we get new toys to hit a couple of buttons and all of a sudden things sound off. I agree above. No room eq for music. Let them puppies play. You might wat to do a reset on your reciever and start fresh making little adjustments at a time. If you find what you like write it down if you continue to experiment. When you can afford one pick up a klipsch sub so you can XO your towers. Part of this hobby is all about the experience and finding that sweet spot for your ears. Enjoy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk