I have yet to find an equal to my old Klipsch 1st generation iGroove

hihat123

I recently had to put my old friend to sleep.   one of the woofers blew, and I found out Klipsch doesn't provide OEM replacement parts for this line nor could they recommend me to a Klipsch approved 3rd party OEM source.  I tried using a generic speaker that would fit in there, but that was an expected waste of time.  and then unfortunately the whole unit got fried from water damage from a roof leak in my garage.  during the years I owned it I was always amazed how much better it sounded than any other like i'd come across, especially ones that were supposed to be the "badass" high end units like from BOSE of JBL costing double, triple, or four times as much as my little $120 "magic on-the-go studio reference monitoring device" that I bought on an impulse buy at Costco many years ago.  and now that I'm being forced to "upgrade" to whatever is out there now, i'm learning and really seeing how awesome that old Klipsch old unit was.  the worst part is Klipsch's isn't even making a product today, IMO, that comes close to that unit especially at that price level.  their superseding products since then have been disappointing, reminds me of the fall of Mackie once they were bought out, among countless other "for a long time they were the best in the business" companies.   I ended up buying a "GROOVE" unit.  its a stout little bugger, its sounds decent for its size, but that "Klipsch" sound just isn't there.  it should be priced at $50-$80 not $140.  my $50 Logitech PC speakers would still sound better 

Edited by hihat123
im an idiot who cant spell, leaves words out or duplicates them, or knows what grammar even is
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum hihat123 !

Think we understand. Try ebay for a start and maybe put an advert for WTB(wanting to buy) in the garage sale section here since you are a member with a description of the part you need and let's see what if anything pops up for you. Other members here will maybe give you more or better advice. Seems I saw an iGroove for sale from time to time on craigslist.

Good fortune!:emotion-21:

Getting away from a docking station, and based upon a recommendation here along with some supporting research on my end, I opted for a Fugoo Tough for one of the kids.  This was my response to a Bose request from the little kin.  Heavy unit, multi directional, water / splatter proof, drop proof, "up to" 40 hours of battery life / play time, blah blah blah.  Do your own research and draw your own conclusions, but my pre Christmas order allowed for a great bargain and it came with the mounting kit - FREE - $169 to the door.  This is a great bluetooth unit - but - ymmv.

• 2 years later...