SOLD Klipsch THX Ultra 2 Subwoofer System 1 Owner KA-1000 Amp and (2) KW-120 Milwaukee WI

tidmack

SOLD I think it's time to let someone else enjoy this really nice sounding subwoofer setup. I have two KW-120 subs and one KA-1000 amp from the THX Ultra 2 system.

I bought these three pieces new and I live in a pet free, child free, and smoke free home. Nothing sits on the speaker cabinets and the amp is in a nice open air rack, so there's no heat build-up. I used these in a stereo setup with a pair of LaScalas, then my Klipschorns, and now, Heresys. The amp volume has stayed around 1/3 or so, as I used these subs to just fill in the low end of heavy bass. I doubt these have ever been played to their full potential.

Note the photo with the one nick in one cabinet. That seriously is the only flaw on these pieces. There sincerely isn't another scratch, rub, snag on a grill, etc. Please don't ask me about the nick...I did it and I honestly don't want to talk about it.

I have the boxes and I'd consider shipping these, although I'm not excited about it. If you're in WI, MN, ND, SD, IA, NE, IL, or the St. Louis area, Spee Dee Delivery could get these to you really reasonably. How reasonably? I bet around $100 or so.

For shipping reference, the amp boxed is 32 lbs, with dimensions of 23"x17"x9" . Each sub box weighs 99 lbs, with dimensions of 25" x 25"x25". Remember, there are TWO sub boxes.

Local pickup in Oak Creek, WI. I'm an hour north of Chicago, 5 hours from Indy, 5 hours from Detroit, 5 hours from St. Louis, and about 5.5 hours from Minneapolis.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1443 Large_zps1voikhui.jpg

IMG_1439 Large_zpsens1sig8.jpg

IMG_1440 Large_zpsvcpgb1nm.jpg

IMG_1441 Large_zpskg2pxb8u.jpg

IMG_1442 Large_zpsyzhnuncn.jpg

IMG_1444 Large_zpstp3u1lml.jpg

IMG_1446 Large_zpslmpxewnr.jpg

15 hours ago, Discgolfer123 said:

GLWS use the same for movies, they will unscrew light bulbs  in my house

Lol, I don't think I've ever listened to mine at those levels, but I don't doubt their capabilities one bit!

I've been 2 channel only with these subs, 1/3 amp volume, crossed at around 60 Hz or so. In their current setup with a pair of Heresy speakers, the soundstage is pretty mind blowing. 

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm bumping these back up. I've received some competitive offers on eBay, but their fees have made the deals less attractive. If someone has interest in this terrific setup, PM me and maybe we can swing something. Don't forget, Spee Dee Delivery can deliver these in their factory boxes to the midwest VERY REASONABLY.

Jeff

Just an FYI regarding reasonable shipping prices: I quoted shipping for an interested party in Harrisburg PA at just over $250 via FedEX ground. I have the factory boxes for all three items, so they should arrive safely.

Jeff 

On 4/28/2017 at 1:37 PM, ACV92 said:

Nice looking stuff.  I noticed He-Man and Skeletor roaming around your gear.  Better keep those two apart before they tear your stuff up!!

Good eye and thanks for the compliment on the gear. I'm a Gen Xer and I've been known to keep a few of my childhood toys on display. :)

• Like 1

• tidmack changed the title to Klipsch THX Ultra 2 Subwoofer System 1 Owner KA-1000 Amp and (2) KW-120 Milwaukee WI

I had a couple more inquiries over the weekend for shipping these beasts and quotes remain in the $200 range to the east coast and south. I've been a forum member for 17 years and an eBay seller with 100% positive feedback since 1998...send me a PM and let's work something out. 

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I have my eye on another pair of speakers and moving these subs would help expedite that process. I've reduced the price to $1,800 on this documented, one owner, well cared for system. Please see my eBay ad for additional photos. If you're interested in these, I'm getting incredibly reasonable shipping quotes via FedEx Ground.

Jeff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-THX-ULTRA-2-SUBWOOFERS-amp-MATCHING-AMP-TWO-KW-120-amp-1-KA-1000-AMPLIFIER-/192202712034?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT