Anyone have experence between the sound and differences of the RF-63 versus the KLF-30?

edzu1234

Does anyone have any experience owning and or.... listening to, the RF-63 and the KLF-30?   I presently own the RF-63 and have an opportunity to pick up a pair of the KLF-30's.

Is the sound of the KLF-30's going to be far superior to the RF-63's (I like the speakers) or am I just making a lateral move at much expense.  THANK YOU ALL for your valued input in advance.---Ed 

Ed,

I have heard the KLF-30's once and was very impressed.  I have owned a pair of RF-63's since May 2008 and have found no reason at all to replace them.  Many opportunities have come my way to "upgrade" to RF-83's, RF-7"s, KLF-30's, KLF-20's, and I have always resisted because of my unrelenting fondness of the RF-63's and their refinement from top to bottom.

Bill

Thank you Bill for standing up to the plate with your opinion.  I think that I am just experiencing a bit of wanderlust in thinking the KLF 30's are going to be better because they are a 3-way speaker system.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

Thank you Bill for standing up to the plate with your opinion.  I think that I am just experiencing a bit of wanderlust in thinking the KLF 30's are going to be better because they are a 3-way speaker system.

I say this, get the KLF-30's if you can afford them and and see/hear for yourself.  They will sound a bit different, not guaranteed "better" but just not the same.  The KLF's will kick you in the chest even at low volumes while the RF-63's need a "slight" twist of the volume knob to get the same results.  Both do kick drums like they are in the room right in front of you.  

5 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

I think that I am just experiencing a bit of wanderlust in thinking the KLF 30's are going to be better because they are a 3-way speaker system.

I have beat this dead horse with this statement, "the RF-63's are the most 3-way sounding 2-way speakers I have ever heard", but I still stick by my words.

Bill