Can RF-82 II woofer fit an RC-7?

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Veneer won't take much sanding before you go through it.  Most use fine steel wool and then treat the wood.

I don't even know what treating it means.  This is all a first for me.  

When I did the kitchen cabinets, I just sanded like crazy and applied this Stain + Poly in 1 step called MinWax PolyShades and wiped it off after 15 min and let it dry. That was that.   I was planning on doing the same with a Walnut Stain +Satin Poly 1 step can from MinWax.   Not a good idea? Just lightly sand and I'll be fine?  It doesn't need to look professional. It's going to be sitting inside a stand where you can only really see the front anyway.  The only reason I was going to sand a lot was b/c it has tons of scratches and several that are deep.

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, bobdit said:

@Maximus89 Have you got the woofers replaced? How does it sound? I am thinking of replacing mine too. Are you planning to sell your good old woofer? Thanks.

bob, I've had them replaced a few months now and to my ears they sound great other than maybe a bit of harshness at loud levels, but that's not an issue with the woofers.  I've never heard the original stock RC-7 to compare as I received it with a bad woofer which was my reason for replacing both.  They assured me that they tested for use in the RC-7 and I trusted their word.   I also think they look aesthetically much better and could match any of the newer line of Klipsch speakers including the new RF-7 III with the black front baffle.

I'm sorry, but I have sold the working original woofer.  

The site where I ordered it from has 1 in stock, and more on the way this month.  You can send them a message on facebook and they are pretty good at speedy responses. 

* They make a note "You may need new slip-on connectors to use in these models. You can request that we send slip-on connectors in the notes section of your order if using for one of these alternate models."  I guess I was the first to try it because I brought it to their attention that the original slip on connecter from the RC-7 wires were too small, so do ask them for the proper ones and then you will have to crimp them on yourself.

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-1011974-rf-82-mkii-woofer/

rc7upgrade.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any one want a RC7 for rehab?    Mine is a lot better shape than this one was.   Both cones are damaged but I can't hear a difference.   Mine is cheep though; $150 plus shipping.  Can't find my pics so maybe I will have to take some more.

Sounds like a good deal.  I would have jumped on that a few months ago bc I wanted RC-7 for surrounds and use a closer match in extended heritage up front with my Chorus II, but I'm happy with my 1 RC-7 center and i'm looking into either upgrades for my Chorus II or getting Quartets for surrounds.

Good luck with your sale!

On 3/3/2017 at 10:58 PM, Maximus89 said:

Just to show you what I'm working with. The bottom and left side are both this bad. The top, back and right side are fine with just a few scuffs.

IMG_1266.JPG

I'm not quite sure where I'm jumping in, here.  I'm not sure if you re-finished your cab work, or if you need to finish it.

Here is my Post 001 and the reason I joined the forum.  It is a detailed re-finish thread with some deeply scratched CF-4.