The price of a media rack

tnycman

Racks are rather expensive in my view.  I looked around for a while and for $85 got a great server rack.  A little sanding and spray paint and I was in business. I also manufactured a DIY base that has 4 heavy duty casters built in, so I can move it around rather easily.  It is fairly heavy and would otherwise not be easily relocated.

Rack.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

Racks are rather expensive in my view.  I looked around for a while and for $85 got a great server rack.  A little sanding and spray paint and I was in business. I also manufactured a DIY base that has 4 heavy duty casters built in, so I can move it around rather easily.  It is fairly heavy and would otherwise not be easily relocated.

Rack.jpg

When you think about it, its only metal with holes in it. Nothing else. Worked in the TV business for the last 6 years, and have built multiple studios and production trucks. Not a single rack was bought new. There is no reason for it since you can do exactly what you did. 

nice job there @Rudy81.  no, I think those are referred to as 4 post racks.  most of them I've seen have been in IT closets, and not intended to be moved.  at all.

@tnycman - I may know of a "half rack (about 42 U tall) that may be available in the near future.  but these beasts are heavy!  I had an interest & checked shipping on one of these a couple years back.  shipping was $3-500 from Jackson MS to, central OH if I recall.