Hello!

waxburger

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around mostly in the Tech/Mods forum for a couple of weeks now, and I just want to introduce myself briefly and say Thank You to everyone for  all the wisdom and experience they've shared. I came looking for info on the KG 5.5 after buying a semi-basket case pair off Craigslist for $100.  I learned all about them here in the Tech/Mods forum, and really important stuff like where to get the best replacement tweeter diaphragms, and cross-over parts (Mr. Crites, of course, but I'm still thinking about the crossover job)  Without you guys I can't imagine how I could have brought these speakers back to life.

Thanks again!

Cheers!

• Like 7

Welcome, and you have your first "Like".

Carefull surfing these forums, sometimes deals come up that are just too good to pass up.

We currently have a thread going on "Top of the Line Fusing", this would be one of the "Deals" you would be wise to pass on.

Friends dont let friends buy stupid.

Again, welcome.

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:
22 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Waxburger and Ole Dollar....welcome. Lots of info around here. Stick around...post often :D

+1

Enjoy your Klipsch;)

MKP :-)

Yes Welcome, and good luck with the Kg 5.5's.

• Like 3

Thank you Sirs, one and all, for the warm welcome!

I hope the prophecy of  Carnac The Magnificent comes true for everyone someday, (there were 2 pairs on Craigslist in DFW yesterday, coincidence?) but the DIY'er in me says I should build a pair of Mr. Crites' CornScalas when I get tired of the KGs.   Don't worry 'bout me on those fuses, I'll wait for the WiFi enabled ones that send a text when they blow. My system is pretty basic,  Pioneer PL-540 turntable, Pioneer SX-1250 receiver (bought those new in '78 or '79?) an Audio Note Kits DAC 2.1 and a couple of M-125 mono-blocks from Tubes4Hifi, (running matched quads of new production Tung-Sol 6550s  and 12BH7 drivers). I use the pre amp of the SX1250 to drive the M-125s. 

Cheers!

Jim

I too would like to thank you for the welcome. I recently added vacuum tubes to my main system after playing with an ST-70 for a couple of years- really renewed my interest. Of course that led to Crites upgrades to my Chorus II's which I am very happy with. I am lucky as my family gives me 4 to 5 hours of quiet on Friday nights so I can listen. But my wife is getting tired of the Nancy Sinetra SACD but I love the 3D of the vocals, strings, and brass.

I would appreciate some advice on getting my 14yo daughter interested as she thinks her phone sounds great. Yes I know that Nancy is not helping but I would have never left the house if my dad had Klipsch. It drives me a little crazy that she is uninterested even when I play her music. On the other side of the coin I understand why she is not a car nut - something about the smell of raw gas and oil but I call it perfume.

Thanks again for the welcome and hope to see you at the Pilgrimage!

On 3/6/2017 at 6:02 PM, Ceptorman said:

Waxburger and Ole Dollar

Weren't they the opening act for Crosby, Nash, Stills and Young?

+++

Welcome, guys.  Come for the information, stay for the entertainment.  B)

• Like 2

I am not sure about CSNY opening acts as that was more my brothers music. I must admit I like Neil a lot but a lot of CSN was too slow for me. Probably should not admit this but I was in the Ted Nugent phase at that point, much to my fathers chagrin. He did buy me some Koss Pro 4AA's so he did not have to live through it - still have them. Dad was smart that way as they were better than the KLH speakers he had so he knew I would use them. Now that I think of it those speakers had a 6 connector plug to make them work. Wonder what was up with that?

Tim

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

On 3/6/2017 at 6:02 PM, Ceptorman said:

Waxburger and Ole Dollar

Weren't they the opening act for Crosby, Nash, Stills and Young?

You might be thinking of Fattburger and 50 Cent....but definitely not opening for CSNY...

• Like 1

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Ole Dollar said:

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Ole Dollar said:

I would appreciate some advice on getting my 14yo daughter interested as she thinks her phone sounds great. Yes I know that Nancy is not helping but I would have never left the house if my dad had Klipsch. It drives me a little crazy that she is uninterested even when I play her music.

Well, you could ask her if she's ever been to a live stage performance of (insert artist here). Then ask her if she thinks there's a sound quality difference between her phone and said concert. If she says "yes" then ask her, why does there have to be??:D

• Like 1