Forte woofer issue

retox

New to the forum and want to say the info if great.

Also, I just purchased a pair of early Forte I with the round speaker connector cup.

I have a woofer that if I push the rear passive woofer the front woofer drags slightly.

It doesn't do it all the time and I don't hear any distortion in the music with I listen.

If the speaker is laying on its back and I gently push the woofer I do not feel or hear any drag.

Is it possible this is just woofer sag and if so what can I do to resolve the problem?

Thanks for any response.

Edited by retox

welcome aboard buddy. why don't you mark 12 o'clock on your woofer frames and then rotate them 180 degrees? This will reverse the impact of 25 years of slump on the suspension and should straighten out the voice coil in the gap and get you back to good as new performance. Good to rotate large woofers every ten years or so to keep this from happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moray james said:

welcome aboard buddy. why don't you mark 12 o'clock on your woofer frames and then rotate them 180 degrees? This will reverse the impact of 25 years of slump on the suspension and should straighten out the voice coil in the gap and get you back to good as new performance. Good to rotate large woofers every ten years or so to keep this from happening.

Thanks for the advice...sound like the best route. I will do that this evening.

The crossovers are stock and I purchased the parts to refresh them.  What should I expect in an audible difference?