Chorus I in Walnut - Minneapolis $925

Shaun K

10 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Nice looking speakers, sure wish a pair like this would pop up close to me!

Agreed; these seem right up your alley.  If shipping wasn't such an unknown, I'd be happy to help you out with the purchase since they aren't far from me.

• Like 1

If you like them, go buy them - It's only money.

They are "worth" - to you - exactly what you are willing to pay for them. 

And, you are the only person who knows what that number IS.

Be aware that one's desires and passions routinely trump intellect.

On 3/7/2017 at 6:08 PM, MookieStl said:

Yours are better looking!

No argument from me!  I admire mine every day, thanks for helping put them together.  Kinda glad you don't live near me though, since I have other projects in mind and would prefer to CNC some birch for them :) 

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I would think top price would be somewhere around $700-$750 for these given the nice condition but that's not to say someone wouldn't pay more.

2 hours ago, oldred said:

That sounds about ....because of the oiled walnut ...I'd probably top out around $800.00

But I don't need them..

George,

I'm pretty much in line with both of you.  Wouldn't pay asking price but would definitely be inclined to pay more since the finish is uncommon.

@zeus

I see 2 old-school, wooden, home plates.

Are those cleat marks on the top & bottom of the right one?

Baseball is just around the corner and that means that hopefully we'll see some warming spring weather up here.

Yea, they are absolutely killing me. They bookmatching is great. they look great and they tiny chips are making me want to sell them. When I use walnut putty, the damage is barely visible. But it will always stand out to me. Lacquer is an answer to the problem (suggested by OPUS) but it kills me to lacquer them. When they are oiled they are stunning

Mark

55 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@zeus

I see 2 old-school, wooden, home plates.

Are those cleat marks on the top & bottom of the right one?

Baseball is just around the corner and that means that hopefully we'll see some warming spring weather up here.

And you are absolutely brutal BTW. So am I, I can take it, I give enough shit out, generally to those people who know everything and those who feel they are entitled to rip off someone and brag about it. We all know who they are, they have ridiculous amounts of Pro Line (or so they say) that need major work to make the speakers operational. And they will go above and beyond, to offer 10 cents on the dollar. to HELP YOU

LOL, I think I am having them reveneered, the walnut putty works great but doesn't hold up to the oiling, THANK YOU @Arrow#422 for making me more obsessive in the pursuits of perfection, OTOH, they sound amazing I don't look at the cabinets, I sit pinned in my chair happily waiting for the CD to end so I can stretch my legs

Mark

I only have a couple of CH-I samples so I am sure my numbers are skewed.  Avg price is $650 topping out at $800.

FYI Ch II's avg is $538.

Some people might like the C-1's better on the used market, I don't know.

18 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

And you are absolutely brutal BTW. So am I, I can take it, I give enough shit out, generally to those people who know everything and those who feel they are entitled to rip off someone and brag about it. We all know who they are, they have ridiculous amounts of Pro Line (or so they say) that need major work to make the speakers operational. And they will go above and beyond, to offer 10 cents on the dollar. to HELP YOU

LOL, I think I am having them reveneered, the walnut putty works great but doesn't hold up to the oiling, THANK YOU @Arrow#422 for making me more obsessive in the pursuits of perfection, OTOH, they sound amazing I don't look at the cabinets, I sit pinned in my chair happily waiting for the CD to end so I can stretch my legs

Mark

Those tops do show a very nice grain pattern and are not at all - bad.  

Have you considered smoked glass?

Nothing like the slick look of a freshly oiled pair of walnut Klipsch.

I might have to put that on the to-do list for next weekend.

15 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

Those tops do show a very nice grain pattern and are not at all - bad.  

Have you considered smoked glass?

Nothing like the slick look of a freshly oiled pair of walnut Klipsch.

I might have to put that on the to-do list for next weekend.

@Arrow#422

I have them completely pulled apart right now, I need to decide whether I am going to have them reveneered or not. With oil on them, they do look great, I haven't oiled them in probably 6-8 months. Those tiny nicks can be hidden under glass, but I hate to cover them up. It's looking like a summer time project

Mark

• 2 weeks later...