CT-120 + A-55-G + Volti universal xovers

I installed Bob Crites Ct- 120's and A-55-G's into the Khorns and my first impression is that they are a great improvement. Overall, the sound is tighter, more accurate, more detailed without being sterile or cold. I felt that the K-77 and K-55m weren't delivering everything that the khorn's were capable of. To my ears they just sounded a bit veiled and lacked high end detail, shimmer and sparkle. I would say that the mid range also suffered, they weren't producing the "in the room" quality that I expected when I brought the speakers into my room. I've had these speakers for about four months now. Like I said these are initial impressions as I just completed the install about an hour ago. I guess I would say that I am hearing an improvement of 15-25% overall. I realize that is perhaps a bit vague and perhaps to some not impressive of a upgrade. In my opinion the speakers were pretty impressive to start with to get another 15-25% out of them really makes a pretty significant difference. I can't really imagine where I go from here..... time will tell.  

A big thanks to Opus2K for setting me up, he has been very cool and a real mench. 

Excuse the redundancy of starting another thread on this topic, feel free to move if inappropriate 

cheers  

Congrats on the upgrade! I recently installed the same tweeters and mid drivers in my HIP's and it made a quite noticeable difference for the better. I'm still very happy with the change months later as I'm sure you'll be. 

3 hours ago, Schu said:

what modifications did you have to do to the top hat/motor board to add the 120's?

I didn't have to make any mods, the Ct-120's had z brackets. I did have to remove the "home plate" of the top hat to install though. The cross brace makes it too tight to simply just swap out the old and new tweeters. 

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

Seems that you have a good combination there. Are these Klipschorns taking the place of your Cornwalls I read about in the past?

I moved the cornwalls into another room but I don't think I'll ever let them go, they still have a special place in my ears :)

• Like 1