Fun with trees

2point1

Those trees really sneak up on you, don't they?  They are easy to trim when they are little, but they are little and don't need cropping.  Then when you realize they are a problem, they are over your roof and impossible to trim without major effort.

6 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Those aren't trees, they are big bushes. Most of mine are 3 to 5 feet in diameter at the trunk. My mower could handle most of yours.

JJK

My neighbor has two Oak trees that are as wide as my pick up. He wants to take the big one down. I suggested using a match. This is the biggest one I cut on my property.

today.jpg

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Those trees really sneak up on you, don't they?  They are easy to trim when they are little, but they are little and don't need cropping.  Then when you realize they are a problem, they are over your roof and impossible to trim without major effort.

You got that right. A few years from now and I won't be able to do this. No way can I afford to pay to have it done.

2 hours ago, 2point1 said:

My neighbor has two Oak trees that are as wide as my pick up. He wants to take the big one down. I suggested using a match. This is the biggest one I cut on my property.

today.jpg

That's a shame.  Around here oak trees are gold and unless a tornado hits, are known to live hundreds of years and don't just fall on things.