Brand New Bob Carver VT-305M mono-blocks ( Cherry)

pallpoul

Hello,

I recently purchased a pair of those mono blocks, from Dan Laufman (Emotiva Owner) brand new, I am planning on using them in a dedicated listening room, with my La Scala II (Cherry)  soon to arrive from Hope Arkansas, again,....

I was hoping for some advise for a tube pre-amplifier to go with this setup, from the much more knowledgeable then me forum members.  I'll appreciate any input. Thanks.

M305.png.0195f9f31ae42f3d9d2aab211dfac367.png

• Like 4

Since the amps have volume controls, and considering the extreme sensitivity/efficiency of the LSs, you may do better by simply connecting your source(s) directly to the amps.  You need to be very careful if going with a preamp as you will have so much combined gain between the former and the amps that noise can be an issue (even if the amps are extremely quiet). 

I must ask you a question- other than the joy of owning such amazing equipment, why did you choose amps with such enormous power output?  Unless you have a huge listening room, and listen at ear shattering levels, it's unlikely that you will ever need more than a couple of wpc.

Maynard    

• Like 4

You need one of the passive "straight wire" preamps. Basically they are a a source switch and a volume control. They do not even need any power. Just played with one the other day, but can not think of the brand off the top of my head.  I know PS Audio has some.

53 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

I did not at first realize the power of that amp. 

Have you seen his new Silver 7's?

http://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/bob-carver

Silver Seven 700 mono amp 

$32,000 a pair

Each amp will produce 900 watts into 1-8 ohms and drive any speaker made. The new DC restorer circuit means that the tubes will last as long as 50 years. These new amps come with a Lifetime warranty including the tubes.

Carver%20Silver%207 (800x405).jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Have you seen his new Silver 7's?

http://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/bob-carver

Silver Seven 700 mono amp 

$32,000 a pair

Each amp will produce 900 watts into 1-8 ohms and drive any speaker made. The new DC restorer circuit means that the tubes will last as long as 50 years. These new amps come with a Lifetime warranty including the tubes.

Carver%20Silver%207 (800x405).jpg

Could be the source of Global Warming