Just purchased Klipsch 535 B Jubilee. Have questions.

diamonddelts

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Even with the passive network he said it came with?

Specification sheet says even with the supplied passive networks a DSP is required to set delay and PEQ parameters. That doesn't really make sense does it? 

Mark

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Specification sheet says even with the supplied passive networks a DSP is required to set delay and PEQ parameters. That doesn't really make sense does it? 

Mark

I seem to remember Roy saying something about either the horn or driver needing EQ now that you mention it.  Probably sounds better time aligned as well.  You have to wonder what the passives actually do then.

The EQ built into the passive is for BEHIND THE SCREEN.  You will have to modify the EQ, (add/subtract) with an outboard active EQ if the speakers aren't BEHIND THE SCREEN.

You are on your own with this...except for the "help" from us nuts here.  We are all audio experts!.  No worries.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jwc said:

The EQ built into the passive is for BEHIND THE SCREEN.  You will have to modify the EQ, (add/subtract) with an outboard active EQ if the speakers aren't BEHIND THE SCREEN.

You are on your own with this...except for the "help" from us nuts here.  We are all audio experts!.  No worries.

Most of that difference will be above 8 kHz (i.e., need to attenuate more above that frequency), with 1-2 dB of slope attenuation from Klipsch's noted PEQ settings from 1-8 kHz. 

JC is right--"with a little help from your friends", you'll be cooking soon.

I'd actually recommend tri-amping in order to time align that add-on HF horn/driver to the K-402/K-1133.  I also recommend a Xilica XP-4080 to do that, then you'll have two available extra outputs for subs below 40 Hz or so that you can easily integrate when that time comes.

I usually don't recommend one brand over another when it comes to electronics but in this case the price and performance of the Xilicas are currently beating the crud out of their competition.  When everyone else that's producing 24/96 loudspeaker processors get competitive on their prices and performance, then I'll stop recommending Xilica exclusively.

To do all this using a Pre/Pro or an AVR is more than a little bit beyond the current state of the art in terms of performance and available functionality, IMO.

Chris

couple (random) thoughts.

1.  He's buying the 3-way, not the 2-way as most others have

2.  I always thought the "B" meant it was the updated version as contrasted with biamp (but I certainly could be wrong)

3.  Carl, the passive it comes with is the splitter between the midrange and tweeter.  He'll have nothing between the woofer/midrange

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:00 PM, AaronB123 said:

Mine didn't come with any passive crossover you need to wire the 402 and bass horn separately to the active crossover. If I were you I would look into the Xilica XP line, that's what I got and it's amazing! 

Mine are the three way 535 Jubilee B. I read through your thread and I believe you have the two way Jubilee. Thanks for the suggestion on the Xilica XP line.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, Coytee said:

Diamond, did you decide if you were going to buy the bass bin from Klipsch or have it built?

Yeah,  I ordered a pair of Jube Bass Bins from Klipsch, but I wanted a cherry finish. They stated they won't ship for another 3-4 weeks. However I did receive the horns  today.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, jwc said:

I am going to need all the help I can get. I went back and forth with Spencer at American Cinema about the 3 way biamp passive network that is listed on the spec sheet. He swore these speakers don't come with any passive network configuration at all and could only be run fully active. It took two days to get a confirmation from Roy that it comes with  biamp passive network as Klipsch stated on their website.

What a hassle! Now I have no clue how to set these buggers up. I will purchase some Emotiva amps later this month. For now I do have a Inuke NU46000 amp on hand. I know how people feel about IPUKE amps but I am going to use it for now just until I get the gest of what I'm doing. I only have a Integra 80.3 11 channel pre pro now which offers a biamp mode(left and right speaker + left height and right height) but it has no crossover above the 120hz and below crossover to the subs. So I am guessing I will need an additional external active crossover like the Xilica line mentioned before?

I don't have Jubilees, so it is fun to read about other lucky people getting Jubilees. I hope you get everything figured out so you can hook up and listen to your new speakers as soon as they arrive at your home. The impession I get from some of the above comments and looking at the spec sheet, is that you will have a passive crossover between the midrange and tweeter, but may need to install a separate electronic crossover between the woofer and midrange in bi-amp configuration.

IMG_3121.JPG.dbdf282162d862c5df8aa1a748fb800b.JPGIMG_3122.JPG.a89412878dd957784f796c4ab469009a.JPGIMG_3124.JPG.00fcd46918eccc83114fdc0990513538.JPG