Just purchased Klipsch 535 B Jubilee. Have questions.

diamonddelts

3 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

So I am guessing I will need an additional external active crossover like the Xilica line mentioned before?...Guys I apologize in advance for the deluge off ill advised questions that I will be spewing out over the next few days. I have never touched an active crossover in my life. So I  will be flying by the seat of my pants with this new setup.

The type of amplifiers that you use with the Jubs in my experience will not be nearly as big a deal as the active crossover that you use.  I recommend the Xilica XP series, i.e., an XP-4080 will be necessary if you intend to tri-amp (which is my strong recommendation), or an XP-2040 if you intend only to bi-amp your three-way loudspeakers leaving that midrange-tweeter passive crossover in the circuit, which cannot be time aligned using that supplied passive crossover.  But you have many choices in active crossovers.  The two recommended crossovers above will do the job without issue and you can be sure that you'll get support from at least me in setting them up (...if you wish that help...). 

The configuration that you bought basically leaves you on your own in terms of setting it up in a home environment.  (The home two-way version has much more support on the forums and there are a few threads on the forum if you want to try to DIY using something like a ElectroVoice Dx38, etc.)  But in any case, you must install and program an active digital crossover.  In my opinion, it's not any more difficult to do than using a smart phone with specialty apps, or a new computer application with supporting hardware (like Room EQ Wizard--REW). 

33 minutes ago, diamonddelts said:

What is the difference between the K69 and K691?

The original K-69-A driver is no longer available, and the K-691 is its replacement.  It's a slightly better driver.  I've got the two-way settings for the K-691 on a K-402 horn in a home environment with Jubilee bass bins.  But not as the tweeter on a K-510 horn in a commercial version 3-way Jubilee for a home environment, using the K-1133 on the K-402 as a midrange-only horn.  I don't know anyone that's tried to use it in a home environment in the 3-way commercial version Jubilee but it's clearly possible to set up well if using the correct crossover and measurement gear. 

It will require you to measure using something like Room EQ Wizard (REW) or some other freeware measurement application using a calibration microphone (such as a UMIK-1) and an external connection cable to your preamp to drive in-room measurements. 

Once the correct active crossover settings are found, you're done twiddling and you don't need to change anything again: the loudspeakers are set up.  If you plan to make changes in drivers or to use dissimilar amplifiers in the future, or even to place them into a new room with its own acoustical properties, you have the flexibility to make those changes without additional cost via using the same measurement process mentioned above. 

Chris

The Klipsch-supplied settings shown by Kornukopia above for the commercial 3-way version will also work in a home environment if using the loudspeakers behind a projection screen, or you cover the entire K-510 horn mouth with a layer of projection screen material.

If you want to avoid fooling with projection screens or materials then measurements using REW will enable you to set up an active digital crossover for your room and get even better results.

Chris

I want to voice my displeasure for Spencer Chao of American Cinema Equipment. I've had to call him several times over the course of a week just to place an order for my Jubilees. When I had questions on the order he gave me bad info or just ignored some of my emails.

When I wanted to place an order for a additional equipment, he refuses to answer the phone and the secretary just tells me he will call me back. I should not have to chase a sales rep to place an order. I understand my residential order is not a high dollar, commercial order. However it is still an order. This type of customer service is unacceptable.

I would NOT recommend doing business with  American Cinema Equipment.

• Like 1

My experience with ACE a couple of years ago was quite different. It was positive and they were very helpful.

One difference was that my transaction was done via Roy Delgado. He contacted them first and gave them the necessary stock numbers etc and flagged them to expect an e-mail from me. Going through Roy was the prescribed way to do this, at the time. I don't know if things have changed since then.

That has traditionally been the way to do it unless as Tom says, it's been changed.

I can probably tally up 15 or more transactions that went through without a hitch.  I can also count a couple transactions where the order was messed up and they sent the wrong driver on the K402.  Once discovered, they promptly fixed the situation.  One of those owners was in London England.

• 2 weeks later...

I auditioned them in Hope (KPT-942-B).  They were impressive in terms of impact and presence.  There were guys in the room that I believe liked them more than the standard Jubilee.  I prefer horn-loaded bass, however.  Much more realistic and balanced to my ears.

The KPT-415s are very large: the centerline of the K-402s were higher by ~6 inches than the Jubilee, and slightly wider (IIRC).  I would have a lot of trouble integrating those into my listening space. 

Chris

I'm looking for a center speaker below 40 inches in height to go with my Jubilees. I normally prefer matching speakers for fronts, center, and rear speakers. That is how I've done all of my other setups. However this will not be possible with this Jubilee setup in my small room.

Will a Klipsch Lascalla blend well with the Jubes? Or do you all think it might get drowned out or hurt the articulation of my front sound stage? I'm also looking at KI-398 RGL for a possible center speaker.

If you 're not interested in a MEH for a center, then I strongly recommend a tri-amped La Scala or Belle:

or a JuBelle/JubScala, which has much better apparent source width than a tri-amped Belle or La Scala:

Note that the K-402-MEH--in my opinion--easily beats the other two alternatives (i.e., the tri-amped La Scala/Belle or the JubScala/JuBelle)...hands down. In fact, it gives the Jubs a run for their money.

I wouldn't be disappointed with three MEHs across the front...at all.

Chris

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chris A said:

If you 're not interested in a MEH for a center, then I strongly recommend a tri-amped La Scala or Belle:

I plan to replace my tri-amped La Scala center speaker with a K-402 full range multiple entry horn, when I get around to spending more time at home.

On 3/14/2017 at 0:10 PM, diamonddelts said:

I want to voice my displeasure for Spencer Chao of American Cinema Equipment. I've had to call him several times over the course of a week just to place an order for my Jubilees. When I had questions on the order he gave me bad info or just ignored some of my emails.

When I wanted to place an order for a additional equipment, he refuses to answer the phone and the secretary just tells me he will call me back. I should not have to chase a sales rep to place an order. I understand my residential order is not a high dollar, commercial order. However it is still an order. This type of customer service is unacceptable.

I would NOT recommend doing business with  American Cinema Equipment.

There's a new king of the Jubilees in town. ;)