Just purchased Klipsch 535 B Jubilee. Have questions.

diamonddelts

One thing Ive noticed is I don't see any Jubilee owners posting pics of their Jubes being used with a projector screen. Only two channel setups or with a tv. Kind of weird since these are cinema speakers. 

I will be using mine with a 120" Screen Innovations Black Diamond ambient light rejecting screen. It looks great in a room with the lights on or off. Will be using a Klipsch La Scala or KI398 as center speaker.

0304171422.jpg

I've got my room prewired for a screen but I have some other issues first.

Need to get the wife to agree to move the chest under the TV.  This was out of her (now deceased) fathers house...  so that remains an issue.  I want to replace it with a JubeScala.  Then I can have a ceiling mount electronic screen.  (I guess most of them are ceiling mounted huh?)

Until then, as you say...  they're flanking a 53" tv and it works for what I can currently get away with.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:25 PM, diamonddelts said:

All is well! I used my prepro equalizer to apply a +2db boost  to a few frequencies in the 100hz-400hz range. These babies are SLAMMING now.

This is the clean midbass slam I was looking for with music. I can see I am going to have learn more about proper DSP software but the potential is here in spades.

I would say the separation in the highs and mids range is 30% better with the Jubilees in comparison to my previous JBL pro cinema speakers. I can hear every lyric in a song clearly on low volume while sitting in the back yard. Sounds like they talking right next to my ear. 

I cant say these speakers are worth four times the price of my previous JBL 4722 speakers. However the difference in midrange performance is substantial enough to warrant the money spent for me.

I am a little late to this party... I hope just fashionable late.

Some of the sonics that you originally described are what I experience when I first plugged in my 2-way Jubs (like).

My beloved Corncalas sounded much more enjoyable at first, I attributed it to ported bass vs. horn loaded bass until Chris helped

me dial in my Xilica crossover.

NIGHT AND DAY difference!

Don't get me wrong, there is a difference in the 2 types of bass presentations and personal taste will dictate which is preferable.

I am strictly 2 channel music, so my measuring stick may be different than yours.

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 0:18 PM, diamonddelts said:

I wish the Jubes hit a bit deeper. But that is a minor issue which will be fixed with a subwoofer. My only major gripe with the Jubes is their size. Ive owned speakers such as the Bowers and Wilkins 802 Diamonds which had bass that sounded every bit as clean as the Jubes and they did not have low frequency sections the size of a mini fridge.

There has to be something very wrong with the set up. I have heard 802's a couple of times, once with around 65k in front of them, they aren't even in the same league as my jubes even without the Tads.. good luck!!!

6 hours ago, juniper said:

There has to be something very wrong with the set up. I have heard 802's a couple of times, once with around 65k in front of them, they aren't even in the same league as my jubes even without the Tads.. good luck!!!

I meant in terms of clarity, not overall output. Ive fixed the midbass issue. Jubes are putting out monster levels of midbass for music now.

However I have owned speakers which produce more midbass than what the Jubes are capable of. Albeit, not nearly as clean.

1 hour ago, diamonddelts said:

However I have owned speakers which produce more midbass than what the Jubes are capable of.

I believe that the perceived lack of midbass to which you refer isn't a lack of direct midbass but rather the effect of narrower polars in the 210-500 Hz band.  If you want more midbass, simply add more EQ gain in that band and toe-in the Jubs a bit further and you'll get more midbass- no problem. 

BTW: one of the strengths of the K-402-MEH is that it has consistent polars throughout the treble, midrange, and midbass (90-110 degrees coverage horizontally, 60-90 degrees vertically), down to the handover to the room corner or wall-floor boundary at about 110 Hz--about the same frequency that the Jub bass bin also hands over.  The MEH seems to have a higher perceived level of midbass because of that, and high speech intelligibility. 

Chris

55 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I believe that the perceived lack of midbass to which you refer isn't a lack of direct midbass but rather the effect of narrower polars in the 210-500 Hz band.  If you want more midbass, simply add more EQ gain in that band and toe-in the Jubs a bit further and you'll get more midbass- no problem. 

BTW: one of the strengths of the K-402-MEH is that it has consistent polars throughout the treble, midrange, and midbass (90-110 degrees coverage horizontally, 60-90 degrees vertically), down to the handover to the room corner or wall-floor boundary at about 110 Hz--about the same frequency that the Jub bass bin also hands over.  The MEH seems to have a higher perceived level of midbass because of that, and high speech intelligibility. 

Chris

I understand. I was speaking in terms of sheer output.

5 minutes ago, diamonddelts said:

I understand. I was speaking in terms of sheer output.

If you are still unsatisfied with the Jube option and they are still for sale, I do think the KPT-415 would fit the bill.  I envy not having them....but not in my sights right now.  

2 hours ago, jwc said:

If you are still unsatisfied with the Jube option and they are still for sale, I do think the KPT-415 would fit the bill.  I envy not having them....but not in my sights right now.  

I am sorely tempted to try them. However If I am wrong and I did not prefer them for music and HT, I would be out of a boatload of money. :(

The Jubs are among the best speakers I've heard.. EQ and sound processing just suck the life out of the music. I've tried to live with it but life is too short. It might be good for dialing in settings but not good for a long term diet. If there is a passive for this system use it? Roy's are the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seti said:

EQ and sound processing just suck the life out of the music. I've tried to live with it but life is too short.

Iain,

Can you describe which active crossover model(s) you've used and how you were dialing in your settings for your room (i.e., how you were doing measurements)? 

Chris