Just purchased Klipsch 535 B Jubilee. Have questions.

diamonddelts

12 hours ago, Ole Dollar said:

I heard back from another member who suggested REW, sorry my question was not clear - and after doing more reading realized it was talked about on this thread earlier. So also realized a lot of three way stuff is going on and I am looking at the Xilica XP-4080 so it can be expanded beyond 2 way, if needed.

I'll read more before I jump into the middle of a conversation sorry about that too. Thanks for the feedback and let me know if REW is not a good choice.

REW will work fine, it is a nice program.  UMIK-1 microphones are only $75 and they're good enough for the job.  Lots of headaches would be saved with this small investment.  

Thanks to your advice yesterday I ordered one from Parts Express this morning. Should be here Friday and I will spend some time learning it before the Jubilees get here. I use a Behringer DEQ 2496 to set up PA systems so I get the idea but REW is much more comprehensive - been reading the help file. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it so my questions on the forum might even appear as "intelligent". :)

I am interested to see how my current system analyses as I was all done by ear except for using a test CD and SPL meter to set the mono amps to have some parity in gain structure. Thanks again!

• Like 1

I received my Lab Gruppen IPD 2400 amp last night. I am very, very pleased with this amp. The clarity in the HF and MF range is exceptional. And the bass is precise and accurate. This is a big deal for me because in the past I was a staunch anti Class D guy. I hated the original Class  D amps with their slurred bass and rolled off highs.

However Class D tech has come a long way and I can admit when I'm wrong. This Class D amp sounds better than any Class H amp I've owned. And it sounds every bit as good as Class AB amps I previously owned. I am elated with this purchase. I have finally found my amp.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, diamonddelts said:

I received my Lab Gruppen IPD 2400 amp last night. I am very, very pleased with this amp. The clarity in the HF and MF range is exceptional. And the bass is precise and accurate. This is a big deal for me because in the past I was a staunch anti Class D guy. I hated the original Class  D amps with their slurred bass and rolled off highs.

However Class D tech has come a long way and I can admit when I'm wrong. This Class D amp sounds better than any Class H amp I've owned. And it sounds every bit as good as Class AB amps I previously owned. I am elated with this purchase. I have finally found my amp.

The local A/V company i build subwoofers for swears by the Lab Gruppen amplifiers, i would like to eventually get some for myself.

On 5/17/2017 at 11:23 AM, Ole Dollar said:

Should be here Friday and I will spend some time learning it before the Jubilees get here

So, this infers you've ordered a pair of Jubilee's?

Man, can Roy keep up with all the recent activity??

Are you in Memphis?

Regardless, 32 posts and perhaps buying a pair of Jubilee's?...  nice and congrats!

• Like 2

I have a favor to ask the group here.  Can someone who recently ordered Jubes show a close up(s) of the internal bracing of the Base bin?  Looks to me like it has changed once again to a "more braced" cabinet with a little better cosmetics.

If you look earlier in the thread, you can see the obvious difference between Rigma's and Hendrix's Jubes.  Hendrix the earlier.  Rigmas was bought several years ago too.  Looks to me the bracing is even a little different???  Maybe more CNC fitted?

thanks

jc

On 5/18/2017 at 5:23 AM, jwc said:

Can someone who recently ordered Jubes show a close up(s) of the internal bracing of the Base bin?  Looks to me like it has changed once again to a "more braced" cabinet with a little better cosmetics.

Like this ?

20170519_185100.jpg

Tried the Jubes with various amps this month. The Yamaha P7000S amp sounded decent but the highs sounded a bit muffled. With the Crown XLI 3500 the mids and highs sounded muddy and downright terrible.

With the Qsc RMX 5050a the highs sounded compressed and not very clear. With the Wyred 4 sound SX1000 monoblocks the lower mids and upper bass sounded excellent. However the highs were a bit rolled off with the Wyred4Sound amps.

I received my Lab Gruppen IPD2400 amp on Tuesday. Item description says it is a bridged class d amp and not a switching mode class d. Fans on the amp are dead silent while in use.

The clarity in the highs and mids is astonishing in my opinion. This is a very big deal for me because I was a staunch Class D hater for many years.

However I can't deny what my ears are telling me. The highs are now crystal clear and the midrange definition is razor sharp. This is the distinguished sound I have been searching for over the last ten years.

This is the sound I thought I would hear when I purchased my Jubilees however I was originally disappointed. Not anymore. I am exponentially ecstatic with the performance of these speakers now.

I intend to keep them until I am six feet under. The clarity and powerful vocal reproduction from the 510 HF and 402 MF horns is amazing. I can clearly hear whispers in movies while Im in the backyard reading a book.

Vocals during songs are razor sharp, clear, and powerful. These speakers can easily overpower a room with mids and treble.

Their room coverage is excellent. I can sit anywhere within a 20ft wide space on and off axis and the music sounds the same. No need for toe in. No need to sit in a sweet spot. The entire room IS the sweet spot. smile.gif I normally do not appreciate movie watching without a center speaker. However these speakers put out the best phantom center imaging I've heard.

Room coverage is so good I might forgo buying a center speaker altogether.

Im still scratching my head about the Jubilee bass bins though. With some songs, the Jube bass bins sound powerful, precise, ultra clean, and prominent. However with other songs the bass sounds like I am knocking on a thin wall with my knuckles.

I am really not concerned with low bass at this time since I will be purchasing a large sub in a few months so the Jube bass bins are not a major concern for me.

I will be crossing them over at 60hz once I get a sub. Overall, I just can't state enough how happy I am with this purchase. I think about them all day at work and can't wait to get home to play soul stirring songs on my playlists every evening.

These speakers move me emotionally on a daily basis. And that is the hallmark of a wonderful speaker in my opinion. I would put my money on them vs. every speaker I've ever auditioned. Love their spectacular sound!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

Im still scratching my head about the Jubilee bass bins though. With some songs, the Jube bass bins sound powerful, precise, ultra clean, and prominent. However with other songs the bass sounds like I am knocking on a thin wall with my knuckles.

What you are describing sounds exactly like recordings that have much more significant midbass (100-200 Hz) and bass (30-100 Hz) attenuation than is required.  This isn't a loudspeaker problem. 

Recommend demastering those recordings with the issues that you identified instead of swapping out loudspeaker bass bins to solve track mastering problems.  It's much more effective...and much cheaper:

Chris

On 4/19/2017 at 9:38 AM, Chris A said:

The settings that Roy put out for the "BNC DE75" driver need a little tweaking for the newer K-691 driver, but that's not difficult to add after you get the DE75 settings worked out

Chris,

Do you what these settings are ? I would like to try them. My LS were such a mid range dominant speaker, they could really punch you in the forehead with a thick guitar power chord. Even acoustic guitars were more pronounced. 

The Jubes have much clearer voicing, are smoother, have better and cleaner separation of instruments. Seems I need to add a little mid range, oomph.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, jwc said:

Yes.  That is much more advanced bracing than I remember.  I just haven't pain attention in awhile.

I can confirm that mine do not have the three triangle braces.  Otherwise it looks identical.  Mine were the first pair of the new build style but apparently there's been some minor revisions since then.  Mine just have the square dowel that goes all the way back.  

I'd be interested to know why that was added and whether it really affects the sound.  Typically small'ish corner braces like that are added on a standard box to keep the box from flying apart.  If you want to brace it due to panel resonances, it's closer to the center.  

Those are also pretty close to that seam where the angle changes, which would be stronger.  Just seems like if it were for bracing due to audible panel resonances it would be centered.