Just purchased Klipsch 535 B Jubilee. Have questions.

diamonddelts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Jubes are fully broken in now. The bass has improved drastically. I'm running them in full range now. Their bass sounds excellent for music and very good for movies now. I am in no rush to purchase a subwoofer with what I am hearing now.

Bass is deeper, more prominent, yet very articulate. I love the accentuated highs from the  K510 HF horns. Separation between mids and highs is excellent with music. Dialogue is razor sharp with movies. This is the first time I like having a phantom center every bit as much an actual center speaker. Very, very glad I went with the three way version

On 7/1/2017 at 8:41 PM, whatever55 said:

I thought the updates were for ease of construction... was there a problem the updates addressed ?

Mike, that is also my understanding (for ease of construction)  The functional update came when Roy added the little supports inside the horn.  Seems every now & then (prior to any of us residential guys buying them) they'd have a bass bin that had a buzz on the back panel.

Long story short, the plywood was spec'ed to be (something like) .75 inches +/- some variance.  Turns out that those that resonated were .75 (less the variance) BUT, it was still in spec so the company had to keep the plywood.

Roy's fix to it then was to add the supports inside and now, it killed the resonating for any cabinet.  Cabinets that ended up with the full .75" back panels didn't resonate but, got the supports anyway.

I'm guessing he reconfigured the design again to see if he could make it easier.  A side benefit of that (my opinion since I don't know anything factual) is it also made it stronger and I think it looks a bit nicer (with the 'shelves' instead of wings)

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my observations on the Jubilees after owning Klipschorns, two pairs of LaScalas, RF-7 II's, Forte I's, KLF-30's, and RF-82II's.  Bottom line...  they are in their own league!!!  The Jubilee bass bin is like a LaScala and Klipschorn bass bin combined and then juiced up on steroids!!!  I'm seeing on REW and hearing/feeling all the way down to 25 hz in my room.  The bass is really tight, and they have that front firing "hit" like a LaScala only much more!  The bass is quite a bit more refined than the Klipschorn and there is much much more of it.  Any type of drum solo is absolutely incredible!!!  The 402 tractix HF horn is in a different league as well.  Take everything you like about the Klipschorn mids and highs, time align them perfect to the bass bin, and increase the soundstage by about three times.  They are absolutely beautiful sounding at all volumes.  My wife and I were downstairs listening to stuff last night - anything from Andrea Bocelli to the hard in your face hit of Disturbed.  They are just incredible.  I have no regrets other than I wish I had about six listening rooms were I could have kept all of the Klipsch speakers I've ever owned.  I sold my LaScalas upstairs yesterday and may try some Forte III's in the spring, but  I doubt I'll ever sell my Jubilees.

Trent

• Like 2

^^^^^

Cannot compare my passive Jubes to your actives but one statement is very true - "bass is more refined than a Klipschorn". I was able to a-b Jubes and KHorns in the identical locations, both passive, and have a reasonable handle on what their differences are in My room, my ears. Extremely smooth, huge full front soundstage etc. etc.

I did the nearly the same thing in selling LS when I got KHorns. Sold KHorns after the Jubes. Recently got the LS back and I am not sorry for their is something special I enjoy with LS. As big as they are to most people they are damn small in front of Jubes.

And just minutes ago I changed systems completely from all solid state Jubes to all 2a3 tubes LS. The little 2a3 can really light up LS both top and bottom. Of course not with 400 watt nCore power but truly amazing what 3.5 2a3 watts can do with a LS. Sounds so damn good that I am in way in a rush to change things  back certainly not for the next couple weeks.

Now the only fault I found in Trent's post was that he sold his LS. Jubes or not - you should have kept them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Trentster5172 said:

front firing "hit" like a LaScala

I'll always keep my LS. There is something unique about them, to me. Certain songs, the bass just seems to "bark" out of them like no other.  I don't know if it's a certain frequency or what, but it's beautiful... 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In February it will be my three year anniversary with my Jubilees. My love for them has grown exponentially over the past three years. I plan to keep these speakers until I'm on my deathbed. Every night I will walk into my loft and stare at them for minutes. A part of me still can't believe my dream of owning them came true.

I am looking to get custom speaker grills for the 402 and 510 horns similar to the custom 402 grill in the pic below.. I also recently sold my Lab Gruppen IPD 2400 amp. It was the best sounding amp I have owned but I'm curious about other amps. So I will be purchasing a pair of Emotiva XPA DR-1 monoblocks or their XPA- DR2 amp next month.

download (1).jpeg

4 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

In February it will be my three year anniversary with my Jubilees. My love for them has grown exponentially over the past three years. I plan to keep these speakers until I'm on my deathbed. Every night I will walk into my loft and stare at them for minutes. A part of me still can't believe my dream of owning them came true.

I am looking to get custom speaker grills for the 402 and 510 horns similar to the custom 402 grill in the pic below.. I also recently sold my Lab Gruppen IPD 2400 amp. It was the best sounding amp I have owned but I'm curious about other amps. So I will be purchasing a pair of Emotiva XPA DR-1 monoblocks or their XPA- DR2 amp next month.

download (1).jpeg

Sometimes a bit risky to sell off a nice piece of gear before there is a replacement in hand.  What is driving them in the mean time.   

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

Sometimes a bit risky to sell off a nice piece of gear before there is a replacement in hand.  What is driving them in the mean time.   

It definitely was a gamble to sell off the Lab Gruppen amp without first hearing one of a the new Emotiva amps first. I don't have anything powering my Jubilees at this time. I hope the Emotiva monoblocks are what I'm looking for. Will also consider D-Sonic and Wyred4Sound's new version of their monoblocks. Or I will move on up the ladder  to a pair of Bel Canto monoblocks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

In February it will be my three year anniversary with my Jubilees.

Happy Anniversary!!

Isn't it nice when you own something like that (can be anything) and years later, you can still use it and think "damn, I'm glad I made that decision to buy these!"

:emotion-19:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Happy Anniversary!!

Isn't it nice when you own something like that (can be anything) and years later, you can still use it and think "damn, I'm glad I made that decision to buy these!"

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Happy Anniversary!!

Yes sir. It feels great. I followed your posts for 10 years before I was able to purchase a pair of Jubilees. You were my guide to audio nirvana. I thank you so much for the continued passion you display online for Jubilees. It has helped many others.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, Trentster5172 said:

I doubt I'll ever sell my Jubilees

Haha ... congrats you lucky guy :D  Have 904's with 510 horns and YES; awesome even though they are not in the Jubes/402 "league."  (But much better than the "residential" Klipsch stuff.)  Still looking for Jubes, but I'll have to spend major $$ to renovate my house for those ... maybe when the stock market comes back :( 

Cheers, Emile

On 1/24/2019 at 7:54 PM, diamonddelts said:

Yes sir. It feels great. I followed your posts for 10 years before I was able to purchase a pair of Jubilees. You were my guide to audio nirvana. I thank you so much for the continued passion you display online for Jubilees. It has helped many others.

Nice of you to say that but I'd speculate you would have found them soon enough on your own.

I just jumped in front of your process!

About 9 to 10 years ago I followed coytees posts also (still do). I sent him a message asking him to call me to talk about his Jubilees. After that conversation I ordered the 402-69s to go on top of my La Scalla II bins now with the MWM-s. Yes, he has helped many forum friends me included with many years of enjoyment. It brings a smile to my face every time I go out to the barn and listen.

• 9 months later...

Purchased a Outlaw 976 last week and recently paired it up with the 3 way Jube combo this week. I must say it exceeded my expectations. Sound is crisp, clear, and balanced. Everything I've searched for over the last ten years. And it does not come with auto correction software like the Marantz and Onkyo prepros I owned before.

I know this is not a  popular sentiment here, but I just don't like eq. I always find myself switching all room correction eq to off.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, diamonddelts said:

Purchased a Outlaw 976 last week and recently paired it up with the 3 way Jube combo this week. I must say it exceeded my expectations. Sound is crisp, clear, and balanced. Everything I've searched for over the last ten years. And it does not come with auto correction software like the Marantz and Onkyo prepros I owned before.

I know this is not a  popular sentiment here, but I just don't like eq. I always find myself switching all room correction eq to off.  

Hey man whatever works for you is all that matters. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 2:34 PM, rockhound said:

Hey man whatever works for you is all that matters. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

Thanks. I also purchased a Emotiva DR-2 amp which is a definite improvement in the mid-range and high frequencies in comparison to the previous Lab Gruppen amp I was using. This is the best amp/pre-pro combo I have ever purchased. I am ecstatic with their results.

• Like 1