Dallas Ft. Worth area sales

Rudy81

I have numbers but I prefer not to list them publicly because there are so many sales going on right now and I don't want to harm the Buyer or the Seller.  PM's are best if you want detailed sales info.

I will say in general I think of Khorns for $2K in good condition as fair market value for both Buyer and Seller.  Later models for $3K is not a crazy number.

7 hours ago, pat_in_dfw said:

Did you get the ones that were listed on Craigslist in Dallas?  I had contacted the guy about them but didn't have $2k cash to pull the trigger.

This is a dumb question but I gotta ask since I'm sure there are quite a few people that also want to know.

If you didn't have the 2K cash to buy them, why did you contact the seller? Possible financing?

:D:D:D

Mark

13 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Picture please Don

Mark

Yeah, pictures please.  The CL listing was deleted before I got to see the seller's pictures.  Always interested in seeing K-horn pictures, a disease I suppose.

10 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

LMAO,

For a guy who was downsizing, this pair gives you 5 pairs of Khorns now?

Mark

Actually I didn't buy these for myself. Lee W came to my house a couple of weeks ago and bought a pair of Forte ll WO. He saw all of my Khorns and said if I ever decided to let a pair go to let him know. When I saw these Thursday morning in the alert section I decided to grab them for him so I contacted the seller and bought them 6 hours later. He had 3 people try to buy them out from under me showing him pics of cash or willing to buy them sight unseen using paypal. Thank god he was one of those people who gave the first responder first crack at them. They have a scuff or two on them which will come off very easy. The owner had them for 35 years and did not oil them regularly so after I remove the scuffs I will oil them and they will look brand new.

IMG_2020.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

Wow!  Very nice set of Khorns davis419b!

I never got to see those listed on Craigslist the day I posted the varius items available.

After I contacted the seller I looked on my computer and couldn't find them. Thanks Jmon for the alert and I am sure Lee W thanks you too !

• Like 2

Don sent me an email in the morning asking if I wanted him to check them out, but I didn't see it until after lunch. He had already purchased them by the time I called him.

Thanks to Rudy and Jmon for the alert and Don's Fast response I will soon be the owner of a pair '81 WO Klipschorns !!

I hope my wife doesn't make me sell the Belles  

Thanks,

Lee

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

This is a dumb question but I gotta ask since I'm sure there are quite a few people that also want to know.

If you didn't have the 2K cash to buy them, why did you contact the seller? Possible financing?

:D:D:D

Mark

To ask why he was getting rid of them.  I have LaScalas I could trade if he was looking to downsize or he moved into a new place that wouldn't allow corner placement.

Patrick