Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Here is an LP I was given without a traditional cover by a teen at the time who called me Uncle. The plastic cover is alright, I guess...:)

Not one to look a gift in the mouth. Been awhile since I listened to it. Found it while searching for something else.

Heaven And Hell

Black Sabbath

Earmark venture with Sanctuary Records 1980:

005.JPG

006.JPG

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Full Range said:

@billybob 

That Black Sabath picture disc has a current value of $180 - $200 US

Probably more if in near mint condition 

Dang, must have been limited or what. Had no idea. Guess I will not listen to it after all. Thanks, I needed that, lol!:) Listened to it once or twice.

Well blow me down !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang, must have been limited or what. Had no idea. Guess I will not listen to it after all. Thanks, I needed that, lol!:) Listened to it once or twice.

Well blow me down !

sound quality on picture disc are less than desirable...

• Like 1

Good evening all here in vinyl playback heaven :)

Just posted in RTM, and about to spin this one up....  From 1980, Herb Albert's   'Beyond'......   Listening via old Dual and new RP-280ies.....   Lets give it a go shall we (I) ??IMG_5036_zps5w9jnkcn.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, billybob said:

Well blow me down !

Good Morning there Full Range, Mike and Gary...Good Evening:)

Thanks for the info. Not going to play the pic album so...:emotion-21:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerman said:

Ok vinyl guys................I am on to SIDE B (in progress.........;))   His music on this 1980 release is kind of pop/jazz and dance beats.....IMG_5037_zpsbkjo9k8p.jpg

Lol, Believe me, that looks like it is sounding great. Like the  Herb Albert and the Old Tijuana Brass:emotion-21: Band in the day. Excellent!

• Like 1

Thanks Billy................I have a collection of albums POST with the T'Brass....   All these are SOLO with select studio musicians...

Herb really changed it up a bit, as most all the newer offerings are leaning toward jazz/pop/dance genre ...  This IS an interesting listen, synthesizers used here and there............other percussive sounds are heard...

Thanks for your compliment............the Dual does a surprisingly good job of being the nice sounding turntable since I bought it new back in 1979 to this day....:emotion-21:   Did I need to step up to a $2K Rega?   Probably not so much..........:wacko:..............................:lol:

• Like 2

Herb has ended and so it is time to bid you all a good night from Music Hall...................I will check in while on the road this week from my hotel room, so I will be in touch ....

Have a good evening everyone.............   

..............Gary

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Thanks Billy................I have a collection of albums POST with the T'Brass....   All these are SOLO with select studio musicians...

Herb really changed it up a bit, as most all the newer offerings are leaning toward jazz/pop/dance genre ...  This IS an interesting listen, synthesizers used here and there............other percussive sounds are heard...

Thanks for your compliment............the Dual does a surprisingly good job of being the nice sounding turntable since I bought it new back in 1979 to this day....:emotion-21:   Did I need to step up to a $2K Rega?   Probably not so much..........:wacko:..............................:lol:

Was thinking that was the old days of Herb. Must be a keeper for certain the Dual. Have a good week...:)

• Like 1

On an earlier occasion I put on some good ole 70s hard rock 

Well I'm visiting that era again and the universe is good again :P

And also for @billybob so he does not miss out 

A great album by

Artist - Black Sabbath 

Title - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 

IMG_7160.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, parlophone1 said:

Neil Young's Harvest

Remaster from original master tapes, sounds very nice to me.

I was contemplating getting this new pressing from master tapes 

But if I can find another first release to replace a well used copy, it will get the nod 

It's one of my favourites 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

On an earlier occasion I put on some good ole 70s hard rock 

Well I'm visiting that era again and the universe is good again :P

And also for @billybob so he does not miss out 

A great album by

Artist - Black Sabbath 

Title - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 

IMG_7160.JPG

Good evening FR, like the BS Paranoid you posted the other day as well. Sadly I only have 3 CD's instead of vinyl. Well, I do have that pic-vinyl that I was surprised to hear is of some value. Pretty cool! Thanks!

That Harvest remastered sounds like the way to go. Like it too! Going to play some Nancy Sinatra here sometime soon.

• Like 3