Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@dirtmudd   - I rememberer once that you wanted something from left field 

This next presentation fits the bill 

-----------

This next album one from left field 

Actualy 2 x 12" LPs @ 45 rpm one track per side 

The band is better known in New Zealand 

If one wants to know more about this band click the link -- http://www.audioculture.co.nz/people/the-body-electric

Artist - The Body Electric 

Title - Dreaming In A Life 

Both sides of the cover displayed and both look like fronts 

IMG_7306.JPG

IMG_7307.JPG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Full Range said:

Having a listen now as I post 

Artist - Gerry Rafferty 

Title - Sleepwalking 

That IS a Blast from the Past!

I've long forgotten that artist, but instantly remember that saxophone on his "Baker Street" that was on the radio so much in the late 70s. Played around ACC territory here almost as much a "Freebird" and "Stairway to Heaven" did back then.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

I've long forgotten that artist, but instantly remember that saxophone on his "Baker Street" that was on the radio so much in the late 70s. Played around ACC territory here almost as much a "Freebird" and "Stairway to Heaven" did back then.

I ended up buying the 45....I did not have the money for the album..

but bought cheap trick at budokan ! summer of 78

• Like 4

It's a new-ish one that AudioTechnica put out last year. AT-LP5. It's half-assed at best, glad I did not pay the retail price for it. Tried an AT150MLX on it and that was a fail. Got another cartridge that I just have not made the time to put on it. Nothing like my Yamaha P50 ? with the s/n ratio around 70 db that I just flat wore out.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

It's a new-ish one that AudioTechnica put out last year. AT-LP5. It's half-assed at best, glad I did not pay the retail price for it. Tried an AT150MLX on it and that was a fail. Got another cartridge that I just have not made the time to put on it. Nothing like my Yamaha P50 ? with the s/n ratio around 70 db that I just flat wore out.

Good setup can make a lacklustre sound come alive again 

I love how this guide is presented - have a read and follow instructions when you change carts 

http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/ttadjust.html

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Full Range That's a neat site, not seen it before. They call shims wedges and it gets a little wordy but in laymans terms it lays it out more complete than I've bothered to look for in a while.

Glad to help 

Keep spinning and posting 

I get inspiration to search for new artists I haven't heard before 

• Like 2

Released 30 years ago today. I remember riding home from high school one day and a friend said "Listen to this!", and popped in this cassette. It's too bad they couldn't get along and Axl Rose went bat poop crazy. One of the first albums that blew me away on first listen. Luckily, the more I go down the rabbit hole that is music, it's been happening a little more as of late. 

IMG_0897.JPG

• Like 5

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, JohnJ said:

Yes man, Baker Street. That ans sleepwalking and other pretty cool stuff from where Isit. Love that song. Hanging out of town still so. Liking the picks and...reccs. Good evening...:) Listening to the 2016 remake of Bridge Of Sighs on the tube. The RF-3 when pressed will suffuce. Thanks, for Linda and her cohort. Talent does not cover it! Enjoy!

• Like 3

For certain man. That is a good copy..into his live performance. Wish I had.seen.

Welcome to the hearty party. Especially spin during the week.  Cool A good place to contribute, imlo 

Listening :

Marian and Bill,

• Like 4

Hello vinyl spinnin' friends.................over in RTM, listening to a new to me Telarc CD, but on the tube gear...  So, I thought I would xpost a photo just taken during my play of the evening..............these are the Electro Harmonix KT-88's in the Dynaco MK 3's...............A nice blue glow on the glass shows nicely in the low lighting of Music Hall this evening...IMG_5886.jpg

• Like 4