Full Range

More jazz playing in the FR audio room 

My favourite woodwind instrument- The Clarinet 

Artist - Various 

Album Title - Clarinet Jazz Greats 

Where would and how would Petit Fleur sound without a Clarinet 

IMG_7328.JPG

• Like 4

Good evening - good morning FR....   You may have me joining you tonight with some important Clarinet music.....   More shortly...   Good to be here, RTM very quiet tonight.....   Back in a jiff.....................

• Like 2

OK....................here is what I believe is a nice and rare recording....   Aaron Copland himself composed and conducted this orchestra, a piece written FOR Benny Goodman !!  And here, Benny himself is playing on the conductor who wrote it............how cool huh ??:emotion-21:

I got this one on eBay back in 2014 for $6 and it was SEALED  (always search for sealed recordings if possible, that way, I know that it is a fresh first play on my gear....) 

Going to hear this on the Reference Premiere towers for the first time....    Brand new wine freshly opened for tonight.....:emotion-46:   :DIMG_5924.jpg

• Like 3

Great FR, looking forward to your next selection!  (tnx for those likes too ;))

This is sounding pretty nice via semi conductor drive and new Klipsch speakers....    There are some changes coming on the horizon here in the 'Hall'   ^_^

• Like 2

Aaah, Linda R.   You will enjoy it...........were you able to get one sealed ?    I was VERY lucky to find all three sealed (different sellers)...   I will be very interested in your thoughts.....Nelson Riddle arrangements are always very 'lush' and those Ronstadt recordings are all perfect examples of such...:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Aaah, Linda R.   You will enjoy it...........were you able to get one sealed ?    I was VERY lucky to find all three sealed (different sellers)...   I will be very interested in your thoughts.....Nelson Riddle arrangements are always very 'lush' and those Ronstadt recordings are all perfect examples of such...:)

Not sealed 

However if that is not possible I tend to go for Near Mint as this one is 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Not sealed 

However if that is not possible I tend to go for Near Mint as this one is 

Yes, 'near' mint is as close as you get................. As I understand it, 'Mint' means sealed....  ;)

• Like 2

Very nice big band selection there FR................you know, when it comes to 'wind band', the clarinets take the place of the strings in the symphony orchestra...    I have lots of wind band recordings...   I really enjoyed my days in the high school band....   Sousaphone out on the football field for half time shows with the marching band, and Tuba, onstage in concert band.....   Fun times, a LONG time ago......

Well, sadly, it is that time once again....................Music Hall is now closed for the week, and until next Friday evening when it all opens once again, I bid you a good day/evening my friends....

Enjoy your time spinning up some great vinyl.....I will check in to see the selections during the week as I can...

Good night now, good night from the Hall.....................IMG_2598.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Full Range said:

Although they sound American 

This is a debut album by an English Art Rock band that I'm sure everyone has tapped ones toes listening to the tunes at some stage 

Artist - 10CC 

Title - Self Titled 

ID - SKLA-7723 

IMG_7321.jpg

Very nice selections tonight... you all! :) Thought of Fountain. Played some of the 10CC last night  and then saw your post. Yes, think they are a bit refined sounding in a UK kinda sound way. Good midday FR, goodnight Gary from the Hall.

• Like 2

Good evening/good morning friends....................sorry for the incorrect 'good night from Music Hall' photo.. :blush2:  Here is a new one just taken, (with new Klipsch 280F) and will be the current picture used to close up the Hall for the week....    Enjoy your vinyl plays.............more next weekend :)IMG_5927.jpg

• Like 2