Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Next on the list is the replacement copy of Invisible Touch 

( You may recall that the last one I purchased was scratch damaged on side 2 )

This copy is an English first pressing issue 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Invisible Touch 1986

ID GEN LP2

IMG_7341.JPG

• Like 4

Next on the playing roster is one of my top 3 favourite bands 

A brilliant album and a new addition to the collection 

Most of the King Crimson collection can be found on page 1 & 2 of this thread 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Lizard 

IMG_7342.JPG

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Back in the day, a friend, after puting this album on the roof of his car, forgot and drove away.  The album graphic accurately depicts his reaction.

That is one of my first records I purchased and still in my top 3 list 

It's superb  

• Like 3

Thanks with and without rain @dirtmudd

It's just like another picture disc I've got somewhere, like super awful static, static to the third power if you will. But my zero-stat could not fix it. I've always used AudioTechnica cartridges, the one on my old Yamaha P50 was $200.00 in the early 1990s ( with inflation probably would be an $800.00 cart now) used to get a new stylus every year for it. I know some consider them bright sounding. I think they're realistic. I like the s/n ratio and the good bass, mid and high I got out of them. That might correlate with my love for the Klipsch Heritage speakers and the fact that I'll never go back to less than them. The A-T carts or the turntables were always too easy to set up.

Now a Heads lp I've got sounds terrific, it's clear vinyl with the pic on the case that is yellowed in the decades since I bought it.   

th2.jpg

th1.jpg

th1.jpg

th2.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks with and without rain @dirtmudd

It's just like another picture disc I've got somewhere, like super awful static, static to the third power if you will. But my zero-stat could not fix it. I've always used AudioTechnica cartridges, the one on my old Yamaha P50 was $200.00 in the early 1990s ( with inflation probably would be an $800.00 cart now) used to get a new stylus every year for it. I know some consider them bright sounding. I think they're realistic. I like the s/n ratio and the good bass, mid and high I got out of them. That might correlate with my love for the Klipsch Heritage speakers and the fact that I'll never go back to less than them. The A-T carts or the turntables were always too easy to set up.

Now a Heads lp I've got sounds terrific, it's clear vinyl with the pic on the case that is yellowed in the decades since I bought it.   

th2.jpg

th1.jpg

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

$382.92

• Like 2

@dirtmudd You're one resourceful fella, but I swear it seems to take quadruple what it did back then. Good whole milk is $5/ gal here most places in jim&tammyland. I'll let it sour on the shelf before I buy it at that price. Store brand $3.50 is watered down and says "Whole Milk" on it. Whole is 4-7% milkfat, store brand is like 3 (skim in my book).  Sorry_ leg still hurts bad and I'm just belly-aching. I get Pet for $3.39 at the corner store with two week out date!

It was a very nice cart, I'll put that new one on soon and enjoy that nude shank sound again!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@dirtmudd You're one resourceful fella, but I swear it seems to take quadruple what it did back then. Good whole milk is $5/ gal here most places in jim&tammyland. I'll let it sour on the shelf before I buy it at that price. Store brand $3.50 is watered down and says "Whole Milk" on it. Whole is 4-7% milkfat, store brand is like 3 (skim in my book).  Sorry_ leg still hurts bad and I'm just belly-aching. I get Pet for $3.39 at the corner store with two week out date!

It was a very nice cart, I'll put that new one on soon and enjoy that nude shank sound again!

wow I pay $2.69...income hasn't

kept pace with inflation...

and they don't make things like they

use to..in less you dig deep in your pockets..

Funny @oldtimer the public school system didn't even have chocolate milk here until about third grade, that's all we could get until about 10th grade. Then we could have what every southerner drank, iced tea. They probably made about a million milk addicts here!