Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Alternating to Emerson Lake & Palmer 

This album is slightly focused in the commercial sphere but still has brilliant tracks like   " Memoirs of an officer and Gentleman " 

The cover shows some good looking lads - to snare the girls I'm sure ( probably someone from the record label chose it ? Who knows ) 

A little underrated by some but it's a lovely album none the less 

Artist - Emerson Lake & Palmer 

Title - Love Beach 

IMG_7407.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good morning / evening everyone....   Good going on picking the Marantz system for a friend!   TONIGHT, I will get to try the PHONO stage of the 6011 for the first time using the Dual... :D   Looking forward to posting and giving my thoughts on it here, this evening..

Enjoy the day....and music everyone..., sleep well Paul, we'll see you again some 14 hours or so from now  :emotion-21:...

............Gary

Im up for another 4 hours - and rarely go to bed B/4 midnight 

My work is organising staff at night and keeping the wheels of commerce moving 

So I'm up again early in the morning to fix an issue and afterwards I will be off to the record fair - yippee 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

Alternating to Emerson Lake & Palmer 

This album is slightly focused in the commercial sphere but still has brilliant tracks like   " Memoirs of an officer and Gentleman " 

The cover shows some good looking lads - to snare the girls I'm sure ( probably someone from the record label chose it ? Who knows ) 

A little underrated by some but it's a lovely album none the less 

Title - Love Beach 

IMG_7407.JPG

They did this one kicking and screaming, the contract called for one more lp, so this is the result.  It's a pretty big departure from their previous output, much to the disappointment of their proggy fans.

• Like 2

Alternating to YES again 

This is considered a de facto debut album as the band lost a founding member guitarist Peter Banks 

With this album, the new band lineup hit a period of imagination and experimentation for what was to come 

They delivered a solid original material album ( pre Rick Wakeman ) 

Atrist - YES

Title - The Yes Album 

IMG_7412.JPG

• Like 4

I picked this record up at the record fair today 

Funny story about the song and record title made famous by this band 

Story is that the band was so stoned when recording this album that they could not pronounce the words In the garden of Eden - instead singing  - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

This is the only release that has the full length version of - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - to my understanding 

Artist - Iron Butterfly 

Title - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

IMG_7414.JPG

• Like 3

Alternating again to Emerson Lake & Palmer 

This record is a live album of Modest Mussorgsky's Nationalist Five

Its adapting a classical work into a rock version 

Title - Pictures At An Exhibition - Mussorgsky 

IMG_7415.JPG

• Like 3

Good morning / evening everyone.................nice prog rock theme going there Paul :)   I picked up some 45's a few houses down from our shop a couple days ago...   They were on a front lawn with a carcass of a turn table a printer and some kind of room fan/filter device.   I went the the 45's and took home two well known classics...    I found that the COLUMBIA label on a 45 has FOUR 'eyes'...!    

OK, this was my second LP pick for last night's closing on Telarc and was a $5 special at my local vinyl shop...   IMG_6074.jpg

• Like 3

..............and then, I was VERY saddened, as just before I took this photo and while on that very same little wooden photo stand, I tried to blow a little fuzz off the LP....   Well, I ended up blowing a bit too strongly, and the LP fell over and onto the table SIDE TWO DOWN...   I though OH NO!   As this recording WAS pristene!   I turned it over cautiously, and sure enough, there were NEW gouges on it from the corner of the HINGE on the little stand.

Here is the photo after I picked up the LP and tried again, knowing that I had damaged it...........:(   IMG_6075.jpg

....then on to SIDE TWO, which indeed revealed the damaged grooves everytime it hit the stylus, and that was in two places, lasts about 20 seconds for each............really a shame, as this LP was signed by Fennell himself back in 1981  :emotion-50:IMG_6076.jpg

• Sorry Gary! Proof it can happen to the really good ones. If I had known my records were going to live so long, I would have taken better care of them.

Somehow managed to break my young dudes album by just drying off the vinyl after cleaning in the wind. Too thin. Anothrer time put an album down for just a second and then trod right across it. Dang near cried. It was a collectible Yardbirds. Feel the pain...:emotion-50:

• Like 2