Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

35 minutes ago, billybob said:

That is the album I have looked for, for awhile...now.

If someone know where, please let me know. Quite the affecianado here. Thanks!

Be aware that this album is the first release from 1976  - and it has an alternative cover 

It differs from the second "Remake " release about 10 years after 

The second Remake release introduces Orson Welles 

Orson Welles' narration does not appear on the 1976 mix of the album. It does, however, on the 1987 remix of "A Dream Within a Dream", the Prelude of "The Fall of the House of Usher" and "To One in Paradise

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Mystery_and_Imagination_(Alan_Parsons_Project_album)

• Like 1

That is when was looking for it...the confusion of those times, I must have got lost somewhere dow

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Be aware that this album is the first release from 1976  - and it has an alternative cover 

It differs from the second "Remake " release about 10 years after 

The second Remake release introduces Orson Welles 

Orson Welles' narration does not appear on the 1976 mix of the album. It does, however, on the 1987 remix of "A Dream Within a Dream", the Prelude of "The Fall of the House of Usher" and "To One in Paradise

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Mystery_and_Imagination_(Alan_Parsons_Project_album)

n the line.

Thanks FR and Mike!

• Like 2

th?id=ABTFFAE780BC6E5C304808F53B39430D340B07A323AC72ED0568EE12B67A879972E&w=520&h=180&c=2&rs=1

A new cool modality unfurls on Miles Davis' latest album, 'Kind of Blue.' Davis' brilliant horn playing, and his sublime supporting ensemble, including Bill Evans and John Coltrane, will make the disc an enduring success, and it will be considered by some the greatest jazz record of all time.

• Like 2

Had the time and peace of mind to mess with my turntable again. Bought this one before Christmas last year.(Geeze I've turned into a slacker...Inconceivable...Unacceptable) Aw hel% it's all good now.

I tried a pricey AT150MLX last year that was within the parameters for my tt, it was a fail. Thinking that without VTA adjustment ability on this tt it would not work. This AT440MLb works very good with it. The bass is back on my lps without the dull muffled sound that the former cartridge had. Seems a bit bright, but only got about two or three hours on it now. One of my all time faves and semi-local band with everything sounding great from the analog side of my not even a year old rebuilt system now. Can't call the AT-LP5 half-assed anymore, it's good to go for under five bills.

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 6

My weekend spinning has started 

I have the duo of Pavlov's Dog 

This first album was released twice almost simultaneously on two labels 

Many may remember the single - Julia and the unusual voice of the lead singer 

Artist - Pavlov's Dog

Title - Pampered Menial 

IMG_7437.JPG

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Next on the turntable is release number 2

On this album Bill Bruford ( from YES was the drummer ) 

The credit was in the name of William Bruford

Artist - Pavlov's Dog

Title - At The Sound Of The Bell

IMG_7438.JPG

now I'm salivating..

• Like 3

I have posted two other records on a previous occassion but was intrigued by another record I did not have 

Searched a little here and there and finally found one at the local record fair 

Lets have some silliness again 

Presenting a 3 sided record by 

Artist - Monty Python 

Title - Matching Tie and Handkerchief 

IMG_7439.JPG

• Like 3

..ok, I was a big fan back in the 70ies............here is the collection..  AND, there is a very interesting story about the Matching Tie album and the 3 sides!   I will save that.........here is the freshly taken photo from the still 'closed' Music Hall backdrop ;)IMG_6106.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

My weekend spinning has started 

I have the duo of Pavlo's Dog 

This first album was released twice almost simultaneously on two labels 

Many may remember the single - Julia and the unusual voice of the lead singer 

Artist - Pavlov's Dog

Title - Pampered Menial 

I have always been a big Pavlov's Dog fan. They were a local band here in St. Louis (they were mostly from a small burb next to south StL called Maplewood). Glad to see they reached halfway across the world too. The album is very well done and every song is strong in its own right. Not sure why they never made it bigger. Signed a large two album deal and then faded away. Used to do a few reunion concerts from time to time and I believe the lead singer, David Surkamp still lives in the area. I bought an original pressing that was used for promotional purposes (given to radio stations etc) of their first lp as I had heard them in concert and loved the sound.

APD3.thumb.jpg.4f3ef4fcd80f3ec4e5c501b8819d3724.jpg

• Like 5