Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, Full Range said:

Very nice indeed mr @comay

No good on the shelf - start playing them B)

@dirtmudd what you said abiut the Rush media collection.

Have only 1 cd by them Rush Exit Left or ? Anyway live and a good one. Did not know they were as prolific.

Anyway FR and JohnJ, Bloodrock was the band that did the famous DOA song, played to death on rafio in 

the day. Good band in their own right. Higher on the radar screen back then. Kool-Aid Kids... Alright then

enough from me...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

@dirtmudd what you said abiut the Rush media collection.

Have only 1 cd by them Rush Exit Left or ? Anyway live and a good one. Did not know they were as prolific.

Anyway FR and JohnJ, Bloodrock was the band that did the famous DOA song, played to death on rafio in 

the day. Good band in their own right. Higher on the radar screen back then. Kool-Aid Kids... Alright then

enough from me...

I have hemispheres , 2112 ,chronicles , vapor trails , and moving pictures...on CD

also had a farwell to kings and signals on cd but gave them away..

did not like the sound...

also at one time on vinyl but also

gave away rush , fly by night , caress of steel , 2112 , hemispheres , exit stage left , all the world's a state ,and moving pictures...

now I want too kick myself....

RUSH

Studio albums: 19
Live albums: 11
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

gave away rush , fly by night , caress of steel , 2112 , hemispheres , exit stage left , all the world's a state ,and moving pictures...

now I want too kick myself....

RUSH

Studio albums: 19
Live albums: 11

Kick yourself?

Nay, nay Mr. dirtmudd, you should stub you second and third toes on an outside corner shoe molding in your hallway and say BAD! don't do that again!!

• Like 4

@billybob Never heard any of that band before. The song last week was a good ol R&R tune to me, this DOA has a haunting quality to it. Play that with an Edgar Allen Poe story record (Tell Tale Heart & something else) I've had forever done with Vincent Price doing the story telling for Halloween parties!!

On a different wavelength again These guys played at the UNC football field in a snow storm (big deal down south) soon after this came out long time ago.

1.jpg

• Like 5

The one before War rounds out my favorite lps by U2 raw almost like teenagers jamming but light years ahead of that....

* Heck three out of four of them look like they're still teens on this cover!

2.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, billybob said:

DOA

Bloodrock

Capitol Records:

Good evening / Morning vinyl lovers/spinners!    I have this selection on 45 rpm. which I bought while it was STILL on the radio...  Something attractive yet morbid about the song, but I think the Hammond organ made it all click :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening / Morning vinyl lovers/spinners!    I have this selection on 45 rpm. which I bought while it was STILL on the radio...  Something attractive yet morbid about the song, but I think the Hammond organ made it all click :)

Gary, it does/did sound like a Hammond. A hard one to listen too. Morbid a good word here. RIP all my old friends who over time were taken in accidents.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@billybob Never heard any of that band before. The song last week was a good ol R&R tune to me, this DOA has a haunting quality to it. Play that with an Edgar Allen Poe story record (Tell Tale Heart & something else) I've had forever done with Vincent Price doing the story telling for Halloween parties!!

On a different wavelength again These guys played at the UNC football field in a snow storm (big deal down south) soon after this came out long time ago.

We could talk about this for awhile as a Poe affecianado here. U2 early stuff had to sound good. 

At 9 years old, saw the Raven with Vincent, Peter, and Boris. in a walkin in Paltka, Florida matinee...cool and scary...:emotion-21:

• Like 3

Someone -_- here brought up an online place to buy lps a couple weeks ago, Soundstage Direct. Well I was able to replace something I have not heard in a long time, heard it not even a bit wobbly, crosseyed or slurring any like back in the day. That's why I had to replace them, they didn't hold up to the abuse as good as I did (that is debatable). Just took a trip back to `73 & `77.

Never-ever heard Skynyrd sound this good before though!!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, billybob said:

We could talk about this for awhile as a Poe affecianado here. U2 early stuff had to sound good. 

At 9 years old, saw the Raven with Vincent, Peter, and Boris. in a walkin in Paltka, Florida matinee...cool and scary...:emotion-21:

Vincent and Boris I get. WOW I know that was scary with them! brainfart here.... Peter ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Vincent and Boris I get. WOW I know that was scary with them narrating! brainfart here.... Peter ?

Lorre...The Raven... co-starred in The Maltese Falcon with Bogey and McCall.

Vincent & Peter approached the coffin and opened it to find Boris. While moving his hand close, Boris grabbed his arm abruptly speaking, "Beware...Beware!"

Have a 3 story or tryptic videotape VHS by Fellini subtitled in English 1968, Poe.

Tales of Mystery and Imagination... Metzengerstein starring Jane and Peter Fonda.

William Wilson starring Bridgette Bardot. And never bet the devil your head, starring, a well known actor which cannot recall. A bit rare but found it online in 2000 when became more active on a computer. Saw it in 1970 on the big screen.

Well worth the experience, can assure you.

• Like 2