Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@billybob To see all those high caliber talents on the stage at once, bet you appreciate it now more than when a kid in Palatka!

Saw Robert Plant in the 90s doing a solo tour for that eclectic, eccentric post Zep sound he had. Black Crows opened, kicked butt, and their guitarist played the whole gig with Plant also. R. Plant said his guy was out for some reason temporarily. He knew the tunes, smoked the riffs and it was a great show in a small auditorium in downtown Columbia SC. So I respect the Crows for more than just their tunes. Found this at that www record shop too! Not enough time but Celebration Day sounds decent, gotta run.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone...................John, glad to see you purchasing through SSD, I also use Music Direct as well, I bought my Rega rp6 through them, very good to deal with as well....   I think SSD has one of the finest ways of shipping vinyl I know of, nothing has EVER been damaged, and thats after ordering a number of double LP / gatefold recordings, they are HEAVY!

Ok, I have noticed that the 'light theme' for these pages still uses the ROUND avatar photo frame.   While the DARK theme (which I like, especially after dark in Music Hall) has the full square photo.....   Interesting...

Enjoy the day and the music everyone..............I will be returning home from NC. tomorrow, and should be able to post through Sunday evening since I have Monday off :D...

...................Gary

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1. Try going to a store near you that sells lp's.  They may have just the thing either used for free or new for a small price.

2. Order a single lp online that you have always wanted and reuse the box.

3. Custom make your own box.  Reinforce with more cardboard on the inside to make it as protected and stiff as possible.  

Always label accordingly.

4.  I could send you one if you want to wait several days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, billybob said:

I'll ask here, How to ship 1 lp through UPS or USPS? Thanks and do not know if they sell a flat big enough but, maybe. It will have bubble wrap.

Know they sell online but, do not need quantity.

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

1. Try going to a store near you that sells lp's.  They may have just the thing either used for free or new for a small price.

2. Order a single lp online that you have always wanted and reuse the box.

3. Custom make your own box.  Reinforce with more cardboard on the inside to make it as protected and stiff as possible.  

Always label accordingly.

4.  I could send you one if you want to wait several days.

https://blog.discogs.com/en/ship-it-a-guide-for-proper-packaging-of-lp-s/

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Ship-Vinyl-LP-Albums-The-Correct-Way-with-pictures-/10000000177986327/g.html 

https://www.lilpackaging.com/shipping-vinyl-packaging-and-why-youre-probably-doing-it-wrong/?aelia_cs_currency=GBP 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

@Tigerman Thanks again, my ex from Mass would have thought the past week was hot here, until we moved to FL. Just warm and kinda sticky for us, hope you enjoyed it and appreciate you turning me on to soundstagedirect.com .

You are welcome John.....   Yes, the weather is in the 90ies, but, today it is less humid, so my dad and I did some woodworking outside...   

Billy, outside of the fine way that Sound Stage packs them, the best way others use, is to simply use two OVERsized heavy cardboard panels..  The way it is positioned between the panels has enough friction to hold the LP centered.  The added 2 or so inches of cardboard around the outside of this sandwich takes all the brunt of mishandling ....

Just before leaving to come here on the day of the M.A.D., one had arrived like this...   My postman tried to jam it into our letter box, totally bending the corner over.  Well, what bent over was just the outer area of the sandwich..   I am hoping that the corner of the LP further in will be safe from the fold over.    I will try to get a photo to this forum when I can, as the box is still unopened until we get back home......

• Like 2

6 hours ago, billybob said:

I'll ask here, How to ship 1 lp through UPS or USPS? Thanks and do not know if they sell a flat big enough but, maybe. It will have bubble wrap.

Know they sell online but, do not need quantity.

An unused pizza box should fit a record perfectly 

You can wrap the record in bubble wrap and add extra cardboard on the corners to strengthen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of Aussies part 2 (Actually part 3. I posted Angel City a few pages ago.)

Crowded House's self titled 1986 debut. 

This was the first cassette I ever bought. One of my all time favorite albums. Never really listened to their later material but man do I love this album. Hooky as hell.

IMG_0978.thumb.JPG.3673785cc760e35765309df3019e8c22.JPG

Favorite song on album

Edited by comay
Added text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, comay said:

Speaking of Aussies part 2 (Actually part 3. I posted Angel City a few pages ago.)

Crowded House's self titled 1986 debut. 

This was the first cassette I ever bought. One of my all time favorite albums. Never really listened to their later material but man do I love this album. Hooky as hell.

IMG_0978.thumb.JPG.3673785cc760e35765309df3019e8c22.JPG

Favorite song on album

caught them on Peter Gabriel 's

womad...and Morrissey....

Sinead O'Connor tried to kill herself

after the show..

IMG_20170825_204716_hdr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, now I can know it can get there...maybe. No, it is great. Pizza boxes come through here so, and USPS ym I prefer when used in past business,etc.

Liking all and thanks, one and all. Looking cool @comay 

Prefer this version so far:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@billybob To see all those high caliber talents on the stage at once, bet you appreciate it now more than when a kid in Palatka!

Saw Robert Plant in the 90s doing a solo tour for that eclectic, eccentric post Zep sound he had. Black Crows opened, kicked butt, and their guitarist played the whole gig with Plant also. R. Plant said his guy was out for some reason temporarily. He knew the tunes, smoked the riffs and it was a great show in a small auditorium in downtown Columbia SC. So I respect the Crows for more than just their tunes. Found this at that www record shop too! Not enough time but Celebration Day sounds decent, gotta run.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Plant was good for sure. good band. Saw him on PBS. Good voice and of coure...nice.

Look like 2 happy birds.

• Like 1

I am going on a bit of a tangent now 

To the land of briliant finger guitar playing with a grass roots - traditional  folk & bluegrass genre 

I have about a dozen albums by Leo Kottke ( not the whole collection) and will play them ones I have in order of release 

This album has a degree of softness in parts that is mellow and contemplative 🤔

Starring today with 

Artist - Leo Kottke

Title - Mudlark 

IMG_7470.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1