Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

11 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

we had a local band 805....they had

some success...

https://www.discogs.com/805-Stand-In-Line/master/1116010

Country USA

Style Progressive Rock/Pop/Rock

A-1685997-1282757805805 is a progressive rock band from Upstate NY. Started in 1977 by Dave Porter, 805 was signed to RCA Records in 1980. In 1982, Stand In Line produced by Dennis MacKay was released on RCA Records. It went Number 33 on national radio airplay charts. In 1985, 805 self released Question of Tomorrow. In 1989, 805 self released Edge of The World.

In 2005, 805 self released End Of Light Best of 1979 To 1989 CD. In 2008, 805 issued remastered direct digital download releases of Stand In Line, Question of Tomorrow, Edge of The World, End of Light Best of 1979-1989, plus the release of Live Sounds From A Dark Past consisting of a live concert performance recorded on 11-26-2003.

In 2009, 805 issued Young Boys Live consisting of a live radio mobile broadcast recorded on 09-01-1982 during the peak of their national tour to promote the release of Stand In Line. Band members over time have included Dave Porter on vocals and guitar, Greg “Creamo” Liss on bass, Ed Vivenzio on keyboards, Ron Cunningham on guitar and vocals, and brothers Frank Briggs and Gary Briggs on drums. 805 Band Inducted into SAMMYS Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award 2011.

R-2414401-1390257411-9841.jpeg 805QuestionOfTomorrowCD R-2088986-1263340318.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone up for a little King Crimson 

This LP release is of live recordings on multiple locations, around 1972 and it's not the best sound quality with tracks a little fuzzy - Especially on 21st Century Schizoid Man 

I am of the opinion that this was deliberate, and thought of as an archive release, but the sound quality is forgivable as the recordings were recorded live on an Ampex stereo cassette fed to the control truck

So a few improvisations to the studio versions 

Having said that it's still a good listen if you can overlook that sound quality 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Earthbound ( EG Records ) 

IMG_7576.JPG

IMG_7577.JPG

• Like 4

GOOD MORNING Paul..........  :emotion-44::emotion-44:

Looks like a real classic there !   I will see if I can find it on Spotify this evening and give some tracks a 'spin'....   I know this will a get a RISE from Mike for sure :lol:    See you shortly from Music Hall, (after dinner) which was JUST opened for the weekend.......:)

• Like 2

It's looking like a morning of prog spinning 

The wife is at work and I'm home alone left to my own devices 

This album is a solo from ex Genesis keyboard player Tony Banks 

Style / genre has similarities to And Then There Were Three by Genesis 

The cover is of a painting by an Australian Aboriginal artist Ainslie Roberts called The Boatman Of The Dead 

Artist - Tony Banks 

Title - A Curious Feeling 

IMG_7578.JPG

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Full Range said:

It's looking like a morning of prog spinning 

The wife is at work and I'm home alone left to my own devices 

This album is a solo from ex Genesis keyboard player Tony Banks 

Style / genre has similarities to And Then There Were Three by Genesis 

The cover is of a painting by an Australian Aboriginal artist Ainslie Roberts called The Boatman Of The Dead 

Artist - Tony Banks 

Title - A Curious Feeling 

IMG_7578.JPG

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/tony-banks-and-marillions-fish/

• Like 1

This might blend better with the way you've been playing here Paul. Goodness another gem I have not listened to in so long, very good pressing the depth and punch of the audacious bass and the drums in "Too much to Lose" is way cool !!!

Jeff Beck folks:

2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Anyone up for a little King Crimson 

This LP release is of live recordings on multiple locations, around 1972 and it's not the best sound quality with tracks a little fuzzy - Especially on 21st Century Schizoid Man 

I am of the opinion that this was deliberate, and thought of as an archive release, but the sound quality is forgivable as the recordings were recorded live on an Ampex stereo cassette fed to the control truck

So a few improvisations to the studio versions 

Having said that it's still a good listen if you can overlook that sound quality 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Earthbound ( EG Records ) 

IMG_7576.JPG

IMG_7577.JPG

that's why I stay away from it...

I remember buying it 25 years ago...

and hated it for it sound quality..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nice Paul...............I was going to do ELP because of the King Crimson album you played.........then, the blues got started up on RTM moments ago, so I joined in with my LP copy of SRV's 'Soul to Soul'.....   I was mentioning to the group that we did a tune off this album in the 'Arthur Holmes Blues Band' and I tried to 'emulate' Reese on Hammond the best I could, ended up being my favorite SRV tune in the setlist !  

Wine all poured, seasonal pumpkins are in, I am all set for the evening :lol:!!IMG_7074.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Nice Paul...............I was going to do ELP because of the King Crimson album you played.........then, the blues got started up on RTM moments ago, so I joined in with my LP copy of SRV's 'Soul to Soul'.....   I was mentioning to the group that we did a tune off this album in the 'Arthur Holmes Blues Band' and I tried to 'emulate' Reese on Hammond the best I could, ended up being my favorite SRV tune in the setlist !  

Wine all poured, seasonal pumpkins are in, I am all set for the evening :lol:!!IMG_7074.jpg

• Like 1

HA!  You caught me Mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Well, Paul will get the idea when he sees this one............totally off topic for the blues band, but every once in a while we ventured for one tune into something different.............This was at the restored 'Colonial Theater'  Pittsfield, MA.   We actually played there 3 times.....   A real blast :D  and that stage / light / sound crew there were SO professional, that show was run like clockwork ! 

LP photo............IMG_7076.jpg

• Like 3

I'm going on a different tack now 

Inspired by traveling on a yacht 

A mix of orchestral prog, rock and clever new wave pop tracks makes up this lovely album 

Not to everyone's cup of tea but it grows on you as it has a lot going on 

The more you listen the more you feel the vibe 

Artist - Mike Batt

Title - Waves 

IMG_7579.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I'm going on a different tack now 

Inspired by traveling on a yacht 

A mix of orchestral prog, rock and clever new wave pop tracks makes up this lovely album 

Not to everyone's cup of tea but it grows on you as it has a lot going on 

The more you listen the more you feel the vibe 

Artist - Mike Batt

Title - Waves 

IMG_7579.JPG

• Like 2