Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

It's still nice to hear an old album and realize just how well the Forte III makes it sound. Different from a lot of what I've been listening to lately, more mature maybe, a very good musician.

Billy Joel's "The Stranger"

1.jpg

Side one of the Stranger then: side two of "Streetlife Serenade"

3.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, billybob said:

009.JPG

Caught up with him, 'bout six o'clock the next morning,

Naked, swinging on the wind mill!

He said he flew up there.

I had to fly up there and bring him down,

He was about half crazy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Spinning a new addition to the collection 

A briliant album and one I was looking forward for its arrival 

Some of the best material The Moody Blues ever released 

Artist - The Moody Blues 

Title - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour 

ID - US import - THS5

With the - Terre Haute Press, Gatefold 

D60CA8F3-6276-4FA7-96FE-6E26B0F10161.jpeg

• Like 4

Let’s keep those Moody Blues spinning 

Another great album - More laid back than other releases and beautiful love ballads A beautiful album none the less 

I read somewhere that the recording studio this album was put down was custom built to their specifications by Decca 

Artist - The Moody Blues

Title - Long Distance Voyager 

7F177033-B1E3-4F45-B023-1F8ADD020EA0.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

Let’s keep those Moody Blues spinning 

Another great album - More laid back than other releases and beautiful love ballads A beautiful album none the less 

I read somewhere that the recording studio this album was put down was custom built to their specifications by Decca 

Artist - The Moody Blues

Title - Long Distance Voyager 

7F177033-B1E3-4F45-B023-1F8ADD020EA0.jpeg

http://www.classicrockreview.com/2016/05/1981-moody-blues-long-distance-voyager/

Long Distance Voyager 
by The Moody Blues

Share this article

Buy Long Distance Voyager

The Moody Bluesscored some latter career commercial success with the chart-topping album Long Distance Voyager in 1981. While this was the ninth studio album by the group, it was only the second since the group went on an extended hiatus nearly a decade earlier. Musically, Long Distance Voyagerbalances itself by employing some of the dreamy, intelligent songs for which the group is best known, as well some modern beat-driven pop tracks.

In 1974, after seven albums in seven years and several world tours, the Moody Blues commenced an extended break. Some songs were composed for a near future group album, but these were instead to become Blue Jays, a duo album by guitarist/vocalist Justin Hayward and bassist/vocalist John Lodge. Other group members also released solo albums through the mid 1970s before the group finally reunited to record the 1978 album Octave. This would be the final album to involve keyboardist Mike Pinder.

Pinder was replaced by Patrick Moraz, previously with the group Yes, which prompted Pinder to file a lawsuit to prevent a new Moody Blues album from reaching the public without his contributions. Ultimately, the lawsuit was unsuccessful and the Pip Williamsproduced Long Distance Voyager was released in May 1981 and was the first release in a decade and a half not to be produced by Tony Clarke, who had worked on every Moody Blues album since 1967’s Days of Future Passed. This album is also notable as the sole one recorded at the band’s own Threshold Studios, which was custom-designed for the band by Decca Records but disbanded shortly after Decca’s sale to Polygram.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, JohnJ said:

Jim Stafford had so much fun, like he just sat on his back porch and played for everyone all the time. He reminds me of Ray Stevens, both did some silliness.

For sure there man. Lots of songs about for every occasion. Even a garden party, lol!

Got to love Ray...:lol:

• Like 2

Good Friday evening my friends here at Paul's vinyl forum :emotion-21:

I just can't leave this alone, inspired by another friends over on RTM this evening, so I brought it out for a play...   Got the WINE poured, the chocolates in the dish...........relaxing now after a week of work....:)IMG_7184.jpg

The LP with the 'Mastered by Columbia' stamp in the dead wax area......(at the bottom of the arc) IMG_7185.jpg

• Like 4

Not tonight Gary but enjoying all I am finding here! Glad to hear Marantz new AVR equipped with a nice phono stage. Enjoy

4 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Thank YOU Billy!  Spinning any vinyl tonight ??   I need to pick another one out of the library...  :)

Nice pick...:emotion-21:

• Like 1

Thanks again.  Yes, I was able to compare the Marantz phono stage along side my beloved Cambridge Audio stand alone unit...   The Cambridge had a pretty HOT midrange and a rather 'light' low end response much to my surprise , and the Marantz?  Smoother, less 'in your face' midrange, and a more pronounced low frequency response!   Both had about the same high end however...   So, I am very pleased that an AVR would have something that sounded so smooth built right in !  :)

• Like 2