Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

OK amazon prime does work on the weekend, got the preamp and I'm almost back in the analog business. Almost. I totally dislike this Ortofon 2M Silver ellipitical cartridge. Don't know if it's the diamond cut or the cart brand but this will have to change soon.

Put on the album that floored me with the "soundstage" the separation of instruments the depth of each instrument and voice in the room was impressive with "Let it Grow" on side two. Not anymore, but the tt works!

Untitled.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

OK amazon prime does work on the weekend, got the preamp and I'm almost back in the analog business. Almost. I totally dislike this Ortofon 2M Silver ellipitical cartridge. Don't know if it's the diamond cut or the cart brand but this will have to change soon.

Put on the album that floored me with the "soundstage" the separation of instruments the depth of each instrument and voice in the room was impressive with "Let it Grow" on side two. Not anymore, but the tt works!

Untitled.jpg

nice brother john....

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, dirtmudd said:

IMG_20171016_194555_hdr.jpg

Want to get this in lp at some point fairly soon. Guess I can original new somewhere, or mintish used. Thanks all who originally posted info on this here. Had thought was by another artist long ago. Too bad I did not run up with it sooner. I rather enjoy it...:emotion-21:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, billybob said:

Want to get this in lp at some point fairly soon. Guess I can original new somewhere, or mintish used. Thanks all who originally posted info on this here. Had thought was by another artist long ago. Too bad I did not run up with it sooner. I rather enjoy it...:emotion-21:

that's the early 90s reissue with orsen wells narration ..gates drums

New guitar solos

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, billybob said:

Think Paul said something like that also. Do not know which one then is the one I want...:lol:

A pic of both covers may set me straight. Found this cover on Amazon. Guessing this is the original...

Thanks!

A1Q6E7QcMKL._SL1500_.jpg

yes and no... the original cover is like you posted...and that's a 6ed print

with different artwork..

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=tales+of+mystery+and+imagination&type=all 

original

https://www.discogs.com/The-Alan-Parsons-Project-Tales-Of-Mystery-And-Imagination/release/460238 

remaster

https://www.discogs.com/The-Alan-Parsons-Project-Tales-Of-Mystery-And-Imagination/release/1699686

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rplace said:

Coffee? Check! Cables? Check!

If you look really close you can see the red marking for my new tone arm rewire. I'm typically an espresso only guy but if in the afternoon I go with a milk drink. I've been meaning to get in on this thread. Cocktails next!

Japanese wax while I sip.

IMG_20171018_154419293.thumb.jpg.6c8fab363dc105d6d59537c2694f8a31.jpg

15 minutes ago, rplace said:

Taking a well deserved work break with Pete, Roger, Keith and The Quiet One....such a shame half of them are gone.

59e7b7712bc00_IMG_20171018_161434286(Large).thumb.jpg.a96b457861fadf753a7fa7269a651c2f.jpg

no rolling stones....

that's right I like the who better..

OT should be chiming in shortly...lol !

• Like 2

Are we Koffee-N-Kables or are we spinning vinyl? You have me confused.

I had a week with my Rega 300 and standard Denon 103 and thought why do we keep chasing more and more this is just fine. Noting more needed. Today I had time to put the rewired Origin with Zu-modded Denon 103-R and no lie....had a tiny bit a tears well up in my eyes that made me blink and had to swallow my spit really hard.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rplace said:

Are we Koffee-N-Kables or are we spinning vinyl? You have me confused.

I had a week with my Rega 300 and standard Denon 103 and thought why do we keep chasing more and more this is just fine. Noting more needed. Today I had time to put the rewired Origin with Zu-modded Denon 103-R and no lie....had a tiny bit a tears well up in my eyes that made me blink and had to swallow my spit really hard.

love the Japanese obi...are they

that better of a pressing ?

nice table !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rplace said:

Mystery LP I don't think many willget it. Hint anniversary remix.

I've got a handful of Japanese LPs every one nice. Pretty safe bet if you already like the band.

Thanks for the table love.

IMG_20171018_165110484.thumb.jpg.d8fd567d2da51aeff82262f56a30255e.jpg

some picked it up on dvd...and it was

spun using digi and analog on rtm..

a few months back..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rplace said:

Mystery LP I don't think many willget it. Hint anniversary remix.

I've got a handful of Japanese LPs every one nice. Pretty safe bet if you already like the band.

Thanks for the table love.

IMG_20171018_165110484.thumb.jpg.d8fd567d2da51aeff82262f56a30255e.jpg

what's up to the left and right to the 

table ? and I know that's not atom hearts mother...what are you spinning?

• Like 1