Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Ok everyone, looks like a good night in the forums..............   Having a VERY nice evening of LP vinyl in RTM through the Klipscorns and tube gear....  I started my evening with the latest from Diana Krull................and a glass of vino or two :lol:IMG_7526.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you and good morning RP.....    I DO enjoy setting up my posts with a touch of the season, and of course, everyone knows me for the vino (ever present :lol:)...   The wine is GOOD, I always pick up a couple bottles of the 2 for $10 ..   There is NO liquor tax here in MA. so that is what you pay...   I like trying all the different $5 bottles.  

We had a dinner party here earlier this year, our guests were musicians = college faculty and frequent wine tasting goers..    I decided to play a little trick on them....   So, during the opening nosh/first course in the livingroom, I opened a $5 bottle.   Poured and served the guests.   They REALLY liked it...    Now mind you, when we attend THEIR dinners, a CASE of expensive vino is always on hand.     When I told them it was only 5 bucks, I think some were a little pissed that they had been 'had'....

My sister and I were in on the trick, so we got quite the kick out of it.   In the end, we all had a good time, and I was sure to serve a couple of $15 bottles with dinner :D..

Thats the wine story....  

More vinyl posted here and around the forums tonight :emotion-21:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Thank you and good morning RP.....    I DO enjoy setting up my posts with a touch of the season, and of course, everyone knows me for the vino (ever present :lol:)...   The wine is GOOD, I always pick up a couple bottles of the 2 for $10 ..   There is NO liquor tax here in MA. so that is what you pay...   I like trying all the different $5 bottles.  

We had a dinner party here earlier this year, our guests were musicians = college faculty and frequent wine tasting goers..    I decided to play a little trick on them....   So, during the opening nosh/first course in the livingroom, I opened a $5 bottle.   Poured and served the guests.   They REALLY liked it...    Now mind you, when we attend THEIR dinners, a CASE of expensive vino is always on hand.     When I told them it was only 5 bucks, I think some were a little pissed that they had been 'had'....

My sister and I were in on the trick, so we got quite the kick out of it.   In the end, we all had a good time, and I was sure to serve a couple of $15 bottles with dinner :D..

Thats the wine story....  

More vinyl posted here and around the forums tonight :emotion-21:

Your post reminds me of this bit.

Adam Ruins Everything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Hey there Shiva, I could NOT stop laughing through that skit!  Too darn funny (and true!):lol::lol:

Glad you liked it.  If you haven't seen his show before, he has quite a few classic bits where he just trashes areas of modern life. Check out his bits on weddings, diamond rings, and jaywalking, to name a few. Funny stuff.

• Like 3

Some newly purchased records arrived a few days ago

The first LP I decided to spin was  ( drumroll) 

VDGG

Artist - Van Der Graaf Generator 

Title - Still Life 

This album is supremely good - so much so, that if one is into prog then you must hear this album

I will compare the CD version I have to the newly acquired LP 

D9C278F7-0E4F-4943-8F08-14AA346885ED.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Playing this album on a wet Saturday morning here in Brisbane and not much happening 

Its the best weather for spinning records and a coffee 

Not sure if I have seen to much of this band talked about on the forums 

This album is probably the best release and it’s very enjoyable 

Artist - Family 

Title - Bandstand 

8DF3FE54-BF30-4479-9412-71FF0EA9EAF2.jpeg

• Like 2