Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

The venerable bought new Technics SL-D2, with a pretty nice AT shibata cartridge.  The damn thing won't break, after almost 40 years of service.  I know what I want when it does, but I'm too practical to change until then.  But yes, tt is all I run.  

p.s.  I have the cash hidden away for the eventuality.  Midnight gardener don't cha know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Then there is the hono set-up, which features a technics sl-b3 (free) (yes free) (lol) with a dj cartridge, paired with chorus II's.  I have to kick it every now and then, plus belt changes, but it's all good fun.

I'm running a thorens td 125

with the factory tp25 arm..

with rs shure rxt-4 same as shure

m97....I'm going to send it too

vinyl nirvana for a restore...have a

extra tp50 headshell..that I have 

to mount the at440mlb...might

get another headshell to mount

something different..I'm leaning 

towards the soundsmith otello..

and I'm on the fence on a re-plinth..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

what album do you folks think you’ve listened to the most times?

For me, it was probably Queen Live Killers .

1st Place is: Lynyrd Skynyrd "One More From The Road"

2nd Place: Blue Riddim band "Live in Jamaica"

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Their best, in my opinion.

Agreed. I always love listening to a live album all the way through. You really can hear the band warming up and get into the groove as the musicians and crowd build the energy up together. If you have a chance to find it, the Blue Riddim band album is awesome in that regard. Its a blues/reggae band of a bunch of white guys from the midwest who play their biggest show to date at a Jamaican Reggae festival. The lead singer is so nervous at the start his voice cracks but the crowd loves them and each song they build confidence and end up rocking out by the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

we all ready know that...it goes without saying..

no you didn’t ... it could have been A Night at the Opera  :D  I remember, one summer, using my vacation money to buy A Night at the Opera and Alice Cooper’s Billion Dollar Babies ... spun those albums more times than i can count (and i can probably count to a thousand if i tried).

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

no you didn’t ... it could have been A Night at the Opera  :D  I remember, one summer, using my vacation money to buy A Night at the Opera and Alice Cooper’s Billion Dollar Babies ... spun those albums more times than i can count (and i can probably count to a thousand if i tried).

should I look that up in the rtm. threads.   or a PM between us !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

well, i bought those in 1975 ... a few years before I joined the forum.  In my freshman year of high school, in graphics arts class, i made a silk screen of the Billion Dollar Babies album cover.  Wish i still had the t-shirt that i made. 

"..I think the first album of theirs that i bought was either Sheer Heart Attack or A Night at the Opera. If you like hard rock...listen to Stone Cold Crazy, March of the Black Queen"

• Thanks 1