Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On this day — November 8

The officially unnamed fourth album from the British rock band becomes known as Led Zeppelin IV. The album will be a phenomenal success and contains some of Zeppelin's greatest hits: 'Black Dog,' 'Rock and Roll,' and, of course, 'Stairway to Heaven.'

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

On this day — November 8

The officially unnamed fourth album from the British rock band becomes known as Led Zeppelin IV. The album will be a phenomenal success and contains some of Zeppelin's greatest hits: 'Black Dog,' 'Rock and Roll,' and, of course, 'Stairway to Heaven.'

It's amazing the music the put out in just 3 years....I, II,III,IV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

well, i bought those in 1975 ... a few years before I joined the forum.  In my freshman year of high school, in graphics arts class, i made a silk screen of the Billion Dollar Babies album cover.  Wish i still had the t-shirt that i made. 

Would have been proud to wear it and would have tried to not wash it too much. Brandished my purple tank top in public way often. Then one day, think my hair on chest, spread to the point of no return. Think it was a hormone thing now, or an injection given to me after a Mardi Gras in 71.

Traced it back at the time to salmonella poisoning from  underfried chicken while partying,  a turtle we picked up on hwy 98 west and took to the park there in the quarter to swim in fountain complete with peace sign attached with bubble gum. Or, cannot say for sure but, friend then and now hitched a ride on my back complete with his mountain man fringed jacket because of some foot or ankle injury.

Too much info BSM, yet you understand some of these compulsions not based upon any disorder...thanks man, I mean...:emotion-21:

• Like 2

The most crowded concert I've ever been to was Boston the only time I saw them right after their other album came out. The fire marshal must have been a fan or ripped like the rest of us, all walkways and stairways full of standing folks, the floor already full of course. People sitting elbow to elbow on the two foot or so thick ring of cement above the seats all the way around the perimeter of the coliseum. Even where there was a 25' drop to the concrete at the four corners of the stands. They were the biggest thing going for that year or so around here.

Hard to find int pics of our beloved old Coliseum. First was a post card when new, that roof still might be the largest self supporting blindingly shiny on a 100 degree sunny day structure in the world. Second the interior has changed since I was there last in the mid 80s for one of Dean Smith's romps to the ACC Championship. In the two corners you can see... geeze it was more like 40' above the floor where folks sat above the numbers on that perimeter wall. Something has been reconfigured in there with the remodeling the top of the ledge was just like three feet higher than the top seats when it was in it's original state.

50s pic.jpg

int.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
Chrome Dome pics
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey for sure there John ,I get it ! Have some fond and interesting to me memories of such. There is nothing quite like the being there live experience.

Thanks for the sharing as I can picture it from your description well enough. Did not see them yet, would have if the opp. presented at the time. Loathe

to criticize any one choice of band or venue. Fun was in the being there and in some cases for me alone or with others, the getting there.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

:D  I remember, one summer, using my vacation money to buy A Night at the Opera and Alice Cooper’s Billion Dollar Babies ... spun those albums more times than i can count (and i can probably count to a thousand if i tried).

I have both of those albums 

Alice Cooper - when released back it the day ( need to play and post the collection soon ) 

Queen - A more recent purchase  ( and posted here when I played it )

• Like 3

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The most crowded concert I've ever been to was Boston the only time I saw them right after their other album came out. The fire marshal must have been a fan or ripped like the rest of us, all walkways and stairways full of standing folks, the floor already full of course. People sitting elbow to elbow on the two foot or so thick ring of cement above the seats all the way around the perimeter of the coliseum. Even where there was a 25' drop to the concrete at the four corners of the stands. They were the biggest thing going for that year or so around here.

Bet they were

Sleeve:

DSC00741.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1