Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

.........and the 'MicroGroove' LP itself with center label showing a few facts.....      Recorded LIVE,  June 26, 1961..  one of TWO releases from that night....   A fun listen for sure, which I return to again and again............listening via the Dynaco gear with new Gold Lion '88's being broken in with bias checks on the hour.....   Klipschorns filling the room and the old Dual 506 provides the source...  :emotion-21:DSCN9072.jpg

• Like 2

Gary, experiencing the same thing we all do when something necessitates we change / improve our gear. Glad you learned the pretty blue glow needed some attention.

It's a half a day late but I'd bet you'll still be enjoying the changes next time you're here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey there John................the blue glow was normal for all FOUR matched tubes...   The RED plate in one of them was certainly not however.

But that is over now, new '88's breaking in all weekend, bias' have been set and stabilized.....   They sound wonderful as ever...

This weekend, will be an M.A.D. on Saturday.  (Music Appreciation Day).....   Pezz will be coming in from Rhode Island for a fun all day and evening listen here in Music Hall................:smile:

More on Friday for sure!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

so how is your new turntable ????

and give us a review !

and glad you can join us here.....

thanks, I'm new to the fancy TT world.  It's a little brighter than I expected but I'm used to the cheap ones.  Anti-skate device was confusing to set up but had I seen one before it would be easy.  Otherwise it's cool so far.  Acoustic music sounds much better than before.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

thanks, I'm new to the fancy TT world.  It's a little brighter than I expected but I'm used to the cheap ones.  Anti-skate device was confusing to set up but had I seen one before it would be easy.  Otherwise it's cool so far.  Acoustic music sounds much better than before.  

http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/ttadjust.html

• Like 1

I found this community by googling DBX. After generally ignoring the hobby for several years (now I'm 70), now back into it. I have about 150 DBX records and two decoders, as well as about a thousand  vinyl discs, an obsession since teenage. Like most of you, probably. I use Oris Horns with Lowther dx3s, a Kuzma turntable, I  built the Klipsch bases. Little tube amps. I'm not buying any more cd's, vinyl is way superior and more fun.  Nice to see so much interest around the world.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

thanks, I'm new to the fancy TT world.  It's a little brighter than I expected but I'm used to the cheap ones.

Sure that you're already aware, but that brightness could very well change into fantastic when you've got a few hours on the new cart. That is one heck of a machine that you have now!

• Like 2