Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Full range.....Gary aka tigerman just bought a ticket.

to go see a legendary Genesis tribute band !

The Musical Box: 50 Years of Genesis with Selling England By The Pound with a special Lamb Lies Down Set encore

Venue: Calvin Theater
Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018 ~ 8:00 PM
Price: $65.50, $40.50, $30.50 (plus $7 service & $2 facility fee)

Links:

Tweet

The Musical Box, internationally acclaimed for its historical re-enactment of early Genesis’ works, will perform Selling England by the Pound, the emblematic 1973 show that made Genesis and Peter Gabriel attain rockstar status, enjoying to this day a cult following from nostalgic and young music lovers alike. With Peter Gabriel’s famous theatrics and Genesis’ unique musicianship, the band’s artistry would produce some of the most iconic images and sounds of the progressive rock era, such as the mythic 23 minutes long Supper’s Ready, considered as one of the most intense live experience ever created. The Musical Box will also perform a special “Lamb Lies Down On Broadway” Encore as a sneak preview of a new forthcoming tour. Exclusively licensed by Peter Gabriel and Genesis, The Musical Box has performed for more than a million spectators worldwide in some of the most prestigious venues such as the London Royal Albert Hall, and had the privilege of receiving Phil Collins and Steve Hackett from Genesis as performing guests. With its quest for authenticity, The Musical Box is often cited as the best interpretation group in the world, proving the relevance of performing contemporary classics.

•  
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The polished surfaces on the cover and interior are second to none !   Here is the gatefold artwork..............DSCN9295.jpg

Hans' love of the pipe organ goes back to when he was a little boy and could not reach the bass pedals...  There is a complete story of this in the full sized booklet...........here are some great photos of the organist, the console and the organ case as well along with his favorite orchestral players !DSCN9299.jpg

• Like 4

Gonna have fun this week!

Got one replacement for a fave that is worn out, it's a direct metal mastered heavy one with a tshirt thrown in.

Then the start of my own King Crimson collection that I never had. Supposed to all be the original cuts, had two/thirds of their 80s on a well recorded cassette but this is much better!

Mike, you and others posting the tunes here reminded me of what I hadn't experienced in a long time!

KC on bigger speakers than these pc ones.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Gonna have fun this week!

Got one replacement for a fave that is worn out, it's a direct metal mastered heavy one with a tshirt thrown in.

Then the start of my own King Crimson collection that I never had. Supposed to all be the original cuts, had two/thirds of their 80s on a well recorded cassette but this is much better!

Mike, you and others posting the tunes here reminded me of what I hadn't experienced in a long time!

KC on bigger speakers than these pc ones.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

s.&b.b...and red legendary !

wetton and bruford !

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

s.&b.b...and red legendary !

wetton and bruford !

Yessirre! The direct metal one is my first and just like I've read the mid and high range is prominent. Forte IIIs with my setup have an outstanding sound stage, but this LP especially Vital Signs knocks it out of the park with emphasis on the sound stage! 

• Like 5