Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

It was cool but the rain quit and I had the windows down jamming on "Close to the Edge" all over the south side today. Should have snapped photos of the looks I got from different folks that were enjoying the fresh air today.

When he was jamming on the keyboards at one point at a light near Southpark (the mall they built near my house in `69 not Chef & Cartman) a dude my age just held up his lighter and lit it.

Priceless!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

It was cool but the rain quit and I had the windows down jamming on "Close to the Edge" all over the south side today. Should have snapped photos of the looks I got from different folks that were enjoying the fresh air today.

When he was jamming on the keyboards at one point at a light near Southpark (the mall they built near my house in `69 not Chef & Cartman) a dude my age just held up his lighter and lit it.

Priceless!

yes, that would have been cool to see. I have listened to that album more times than i can count. The first time i heard it was when i was a teenager, tagging along with my brother and his friend going to the drive-in movies. It was on an eight-track player. First time i head one of Rick’s solos -- i was hooked.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i sure don’t feel old.

a female co-worker once said to me, “remember back in high school when you’d make a CD of your favorite songs to give to the person that you liked?”  I said, “when i was in high school there was no such thing as a CD.  We were just getting cassettes.”   But, the memories of lying in bed, late at night, listening to rock n’ roll radio. I grew up mostly in Los Angeles area, so the station that i listened to was KMET.  “A little bit of heaven, 94.7”  

Living in Ohio yet hitting LA LONG AGO, (now dated too even though kids walk in here and go wtf??  He's cool...  lol)  KMET kicked it.  Then the internet hit and I found KFWB one nite!  Shame they sold out.  West Coast was always cookin!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yeah, i have kids that act more responsible than i do.  

When i was in High School, the two rock stations were KMET (The Mighty MET) and KLOS.  Seems that a person was loyal to one or the other. If you recall any of the DJs, I stood in line for an invitation only Queen concert next to Cynthia Fox (former KMET DJ)-- she was working for a station called The Sound at the time. A few years ago, they did a one day tribute to KMET and had many of the KMET DJs on-air that day. What a shame that station went away. 

True story!  Met Foxy there long ago and she's truly funny as crap yet today.  Talked with her before they closed.  That's ANOTHER story.  Rita Wildwoman is from Detroit and she's another great person who knows her music..  Trust me they totally got dumped on.  Don't know if you know it or not they were actually wanting to buy the station.  How?  I'm clueless but they had investors...   Didn't happen.

• Like 3

Alright Mike, you've said again and again that Donald Fagans Nightfly sounded very good. 

You're right side one down and it is one of the most quiet records I've ever owned, even the party background in Ruby Baby is very clean.

Both those guys were fanatics about their recordings and this is going in the Ss not the Fs. 

@Chad get in touch please we need to clear the cache under my profile or start over with a new name or something, haven't had email  notifications since the first week of Jan. this time.

Untitled.jpg

the Flash put a bright moon on the cover!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Alright Mike, you've said again and again that Donald Fagans Nightfly sounded very good. 

You're right side one down and it is one of the most quiet records I've ever owned, even the party background in Ruby Baby is very clean.

Both those guys were fanatics about their recordings and this is going in the Ss not the Fs. 

@Chad get in touch please we need to clear the cache under my profile or start over with a new name or something, haven't had email  notifications since the first week of Jan. this time.

Untitled.jpg

the Flash put a bright moon on the cover!

that's why you might see play

the same ole same ole....

it's because of sound quality....

and only having 100 lps ....

so I still don't have what I had in the 

80's.....close to 400+.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

that's why you might see play

the same ole same ole....

it's because of sound quality....

and only having 100 lps ....

so I still don't have what I had in the 

80's.....close to 400+.....

Not a problem, I've had a hard time letting go of ones I've replaced to get the good sound again!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not a problem, I've had a hard time letting go of ones I've replaced to get the good sound again!

and now I'm selective....on what 

I buy....and not get the whole catalog

of a artist...just the ones that are important to me....or a unknown

artist....who's sound quality and 

performance...is killer.....

So that it opens me up...to new music

and sonic ventures...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No doubt Mike, it's the old covers, like "Rocks" and "Free For All" I've kept.  Now have two copies of those one with surface noise and degradation from thousands of plays, and one that I'll put my new cart down on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

No doubt Mike, it's the old covers, like "Rocks" and "Free For All" I've kept.  Now have two copies of those one with surface noise and degradation from thousands of plays, and one that I'll put my new cart down on.

did see them together....Ted kick

Joe of the stage....and played red house....and Joey did the John Bonham hand solo....

last child...and nobody's fault....rock !

• Like 3