Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

So I'll get out a bright flashlight and try the one I've got that's etched later.

Now..... my search for that sound my thirty year old cassette has, without the w&f my tape deck has now:( is over!

From a westside (of the USA) record store.

I'm taking the day off da^nitt!

My favorite album by the artist a lot of you sincerely love to hear...

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The etch on the LP I was thinking of isn't the refracting type, but in keeping with the RED on my mind lately, it's perfect.

Big changes happening with my `Canes, we need a GM, we need a coach, we've got underutilized good young players by the boatload. Change is good just for the sake of it this time around.

Nothing startlingly new about my southern rock bands new LP, but it's a good listen. Three sides to it the fourth has a House Of Stark wolf baying at the moon, tried getting a good picture. Not sure it worked.

Blackberry Smoke:

image.jpg

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The etch on the LP I was thinking of isn't the refracting type, but in keeping with the RED on my mind lately, it's perfect.

Big changes happening with my `Canes, we need a GM, we need a coach, we've got underutilized good young players by the boatload. Change is good just for the sake of it this time around.

Nothing startlingly new about my southern rock bands new LP, but it's a good listen. Three sides to it the fourth has a House Of Stark wolf baying at the moon, tried getting a good picture. Not sure it worked.

Blackberry Smoke:

image.jpg

image.png

Like the looks of your TT. Is that a ProJect? 

Cincy

• Thanks 2

Yea it's the Classic, just got it last fall. Put it with one of their preamps and made my vinyl the absolute star of my setup.

It's not that superpack @dirtmudd came with a mm cart, that I replaced with a Audio Technica MC.

I did put a suede mat on it right when I got it too. Pro Ject put a suede mat on that superpack to start out with.

I highly recommend "Hide-in-the-Sound" at amazon, that's where I got mine...     "....no static allowed" 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Well, look who's talking...

That's a beauty you've got yourself.

You get it from Mike or did he direct you to the right folks to restore it?

Mike helped me survive my very first Craig's List purchase. He's an incredible resource.  The seller had it close to perfect. I bought an Ortofon Blue 2M cartridge and replaced the suspension springs. Sounds very nice. Makes my La Scalas sing sweetly. 

Cincy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Diggin on those TT shots. Saw a Fisher, Dual, and a nice Thorens lately and reading reviews. Getting a new P-34 cart/stylus(elliptical) as soon as I make my mind up about which one. Grado, Ortofon. and a Shure in the running. At 1.5g weight, I am a low mass tonearm. Almost picked up my Technics and a few records from storage this weekend. Getting ready to hear some vinyl with the Scalas.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Diggin on those TT shots. Saw a Fisher, Dual, and a nice Thorens lately and reading reviews. Getting a new P-34 cart/stylus(elliptical) as soon as I make my mind up about which one. Grado, Ortofon. and a Shure in the running. At 1.5g weight, I am a low mass tonearm. Almost picked up my Technics and a few records from storage this weekend. Getting ready to hear some vinyl with the Scalas.

Enjoy!

Love my La Scalas playing vinyl. Totally tubular..;)  

Cincy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Cincy

Remember when you got those LaScala's. Those do look nice!

Have been wondering about the sensitivity and TT.  Then remembering

you ,Full Range and others spinning with LaScala. Guess I missed your going tubular.

Encouraging...B) Cheers!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Cincy

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

Remember when you got those LaScala's. Those do look nice!

Have been wondering about the sensitivity and TT.  Then remembering

you ,Full Range and others spinning with LaScala. Guess I missed your going tubular.

Encouraging...B) Cheers!

Seems there a few of us... Tubes , la scalas , and turntables...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Have been going to ask you about LaScala? What speakers are you listening to?

Right now I'm using my heresy hi-sm...

But I do have la scalas.... But I blew a tweeter.

And I do have replacement diaphragms...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

Right now I'm using my heresy hi-sm...

But I do have la scalas.... But I blew a tweeter.

And I do have replacement diaphragms...

Knew about the Heresy. Bet they sound really nice. Alright, going to have to have a pic of the LaScala sometime. Cool man!

You beat me to it, lol... nice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1