Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Any of you guys think that Zeppelin went heavy progressive with "Presence"?

If not then Plant did when he did some of his eccentric stuff in the 90s!!

"Manic Nirvana" is one I'll pull out to discern the difference in my bass here later this week.

Don't think I'm hearing all of song #5 on the disc.

• Like 2

invasive plant that causes 3rd-degree burns, permanent blindness discovered in Virginia

Fox NewsJune 17, 2018
0f70d1fa4dcd97d6b8fe4e6df91c954a

Invasive plant that causes 3rd-degree burns, permanent blindness discovered in Virginia
More

Officials in Virginia are warning residents to be on the lookout after an invasive plant was found Tuesday in the northern part of the state that can cause third-degree burns and even permanent blindness. The Massey Herbarium at Virginia Tech said in a Facebook post that 30 giant hogweed plants were discovered in Clarke County, located between Winchester and Leesburg. The plant contains a very toxic sap, that when combined with sun exposure, can cause severe health hazards. "In brief, the sap prevents your skin from protecting itself from sunlight, which leads to a very bad sunburn," according to the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. "Heat and moisture (sweat or dew) can worsen

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/06/17/invasive-plant-that-causes-3rd-degree-burns-permanent-blindness-discovered-in-virginia.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fhealth+(Internal+-+Health+-+Text)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Now a record from a US folk group with in my view prog rock leanings 

Released In 1973 and is a very enjoyable record to listen to 

Artist - McKendree Spring

Title - Spring Suite 

First Pressing - MCA Records 

ID - MCA-370

74262BC0-ED68-4D00-9039-8DBC1DD8A3B5.jpeg

• Like 4

McKendree Spring - "Spring Suite" (MCA 1973)

mckendree4.jpgThis American group was a bit different from other rock bands as they used no drums. If you can imagine a less progressive Cressida with electric violin instead of organ, a stronger folk-influence and without the drums, then you'll have a slight idea about what McKendree Spring sounds like. The two leading musicians in the band were singer and guitarist Fran McKendree and violinist Michael Dreyfuss. "Spring Suite" was McKendree Spring's 5th album, and probably their best. The songwriting is more distinctive than on earlier albums, and the addition of Moog and piano to the sound made it more interesting and varied. The record seems to have a very loose concept about thoughts and feelings that people goes through in the time from winter to spring. It opens with the instrumental "Equinox" that is driven forward by acoustic guitar, electric wah-wah guitar and of course Dreyfuss' violin. "Winter" is a pleasant and cosy song with nice lyrics and harmonies. "I Was Born" is a lot more energetic and dramatic, but slows down in the middle where the Moog gives it an almost spacey feel. The most beautiful song on the album is probably the mellow "The Madman" where Dreyfuss plays with his fingers on the violin instead of the bow. "The Girl" is a laidback, folky ballad where the band lets their American roots shine through. The same goes for the catchy "Today's the Day" and "The Storm". "Growing" features a beautiful violin-solo from Dreyfuss, and the album finally closes with the melodic and atmospheric "Spring".

• Thanks 2

Just now, Full Range said:

It’s a different sound to YES as they have a folk signature as the base but tangents off to prog 

Yes but they trip out with the God Bless the Conspiracy.

Down by the river by them is better than the original.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yes but they trip out with the God Bless the Conspiracy.

Down by the river by them is better than the original.

I am lucky to have some of these records that I play and post 

And this record is one of them - The only one from this band in the collection 

@dirtmudd

Thanks for posting that info

• Like 4

Got lower with several recordings I have than before.

Down to 50 hz with the old Heresy IIs that you could feel the bass hit you... just not down low.

The Forte IIIs improved that dramatically down to 38 hz not a chest thumping bass but much lower.

Put an out of phase by 180 degrees SVS SB2000 across the room and it can hit you with the bass sound down to 19 hz!

"She Said" by Robert Plant #5 on that disc is much different than I've ever heard it.

"There & Back"  ..... WOW!

On LFE letting the CXA80 control what the sub plays it's nice but it colors what the Klipsch are already playing down to 38. Set it to 50 hz and lower and this is better, it just lowers the playback without coloring much of what the Fortes already reach. 

Onto the head wagging, toe tapping, boot stomping non-stop jam that is Jeff Beck!

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today I’m playing an album from a French band 

Primarily an electronic genre with prog and space leanings 

It’s actually quite an enjoyable listen 

Artist - Space 

Title - Just Blue 

ID - NSPH 28275

1976 Pye Records 

Blue Record

17F12F7E-9065-45C9-BA8D-A7A934559284.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Before prog and before metal 

Some people describe this style as a prototype version of things to come 

I present the first album that was released by Deep Purple V1

Discogs say the genre of this album is psychedelic rock 

John Lord and the keyboards dominated this album 

A few cover songs are featured in this album but with the Deep Purple treatment applied 

Artist - Deep Purple 

Title - Shades Of Deep Purple 

ID PCSO 7005

Australian Pressing 1968

7063E998-CD1A-4EC4-B89D-1DEA6AB16F94.jpeg

6933A798-DEB4-4DDB-A157-8A4DCAF7F3DE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice old 60's lp there FR...a fav of mine.

@dirtmudd  … The Sansui sr 2050- C turntable appears to have the original cart and stylus on it and is tracking very sweetly for me. It is definitely heavier for one thing than my Technics, which does the job.  Been listening to several lp's I have not gotten around to postings here. Have the Technics up for sale on craigslist.

Been having connectivity problems with my W-Fi so...still around but slow to respond...lol :)

• Like 2

Just when you thought to bring out your coloured vinyl 

I present an English artist 

A popular 12” / 45rpm release of 4 songs from 1978 that came out in pink vinyl of Hold Back The Night fame 

Artist - Graham Parker and the Rumour 

Title - The Pink Parker 

ID - Vertigo 6831 040

Australian Pressing 1978

25C7A767-EF07-485D-AE1E-82E7129FA329.jpeg

• Like 3

This next album I have had on CD for a long time 

And one of my favourite albums 

But just picked up and added a 2011 reissue 200gm vinyl copy to the collection last week 

This album has been remastered exceptionally well and sound quality is fantastic 

A brilliant prog album from the masters themselves 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - In The Wake Of Poseidon 

ID - KCLP2 

Europe Reissue 200gr by Discipline Global Mobile 

21A19CFB-401E-43B8-AEE4-A718F3E9188F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, Full Range said:

This next album I have had on CD for a long time 

And one of my favourite albums 

But just picked up and added a 2011 reissue 200gm vinyl copy to the collection last week 

This album has been remastered exceptionally well and sound quality is fantastic 

A brilliant prog album from the masters themselves 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - In The Wake Of Poseidon 

ID - KCLP2 

Europe Reissue 200gr by Discipline Global Mobile 

21A19CFB-401E-43B8-AEE4-A718F3E9188F.jpeg

http://thehope.tripod.com/rgface12.htm

• Like 2