Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

You guys are no fun at all...  Here I sit listening to my cd's trying to figure out what phono stage to get for my  amp...  My CD collection is small but my vinyl is huge...  Have all of these on vinyl and here I sit...   Handcuffed!  Ugh!  

I can help with a suggestion 

1) IFI Iphono + a itube add on buffer if you want the tube signiature 

2) Shiiit - Mani 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Rooms a disaster but...  When will you be all caught up so you can ship them back?  Putting them in order IF you can believe that...

That's a good number of LPs to straighten out it you haven't in years! Heck I wish I had half that much.

Don't consider myself an expert at all, but I now what I like.

If you do not have tubes at all in your system at least put them in line with your LPs! I'd bet you would be as tickled as I am with what I picked up last year. Except the prices that I just looked at are 25% higher for the little Pro-ject DS tuber I run. It made the analog the best part of my stereo when I hooked it up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I can help with a suggestion 

1) IFI Iphono 

2) Shiiit - Mani 

Thanks for the heads up on the phono stages.  Running a Linn w/MM  thru a PrimaLuna integrated into my LS.  I was thinking a Vincent PHO-701 MM/MC stage but someone said somewhere Linn tables are picky as far as phono stages go...  Thoughts WOULD be appreciated...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the phono stages.  Running a Linn w/MM  thru a PrimaLuna integrated into my LS.  I was thinking a Vincent PHO-701 MM/MC stage but someone said somewhere Linn tables are picky as far as phono stages go...  Thoughts WOULD be appreciated...

In my opinion both my suggestions are better than a stock standard Vincent 

If you want the tube sound you can add the IFI itube to either phono amp

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-itube2/

Another member took my advice and is now super happy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

You surprise me Mike...

@Dave1290 ...Dang man...kick out the jams for us man! Can only see one fan in pic but, you need them on full blast for what has to be a hot selection...:)

No I'm just a coffee drinker...

but if this was 32 years ago..

it would be a different story..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Lol, camping in man so...Maxwell House instant...;)...about to head back to the Hacienda for a slightly better cupper. One might be surprised to find out how far down the plynth they would go for a caffeine...;) like water down the ole drain...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good evening / morning my old friends here on Paul's forum....  Been a long while since I have posted, just a little lazy...  HOWEVER, tonight, I am enjoying an older YES album which I bought back in the day....   So, listening now and sharing these photos with my fellow friends over in RTM.....  YES' Tormato'.......bought NEW back in the day....IMG_0323.jpg

• Like 2

.............the vinyl and center label shown here.............IMG_0326.jpg

.............and on to Side B........OLD Dual 506 put back into play with 100% Dynaco tube gear and the Klipschorns ....:)IMG_0328.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest wdecho

My new turntable. I really like the layout design and simplicity of this Fluance turntable. I bought an AR turntable when they were being sold 30 years ago but sold it to buy a better one, or at least I thought so. Has anyone seen the prices the old AR turntables are now bringing? I prefer belt drive, no practical reason, direct drive properly implemented is perfect fine as well. Just my personal preference. The Audio Technica LP120 was on sale this week at Amazon for something like $230 and it was very tempting. Sounds really nice with the Audio-technica AT95E cartridge. Might eventually spring for the new AT440ma one day but then the price of it alone is the cost I paid for the turntable with cartridge. One advantage of simple is when and if repairs are needed, easily and cheaply repaired. I hope it will be a long time from now. 

Fluance-RT81-wood.jpg