Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Guest wdecho
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

I just farted... New tables suck for the money !

I have to admit I would love to own a vintage Thorens turntable that has been restored but I am not willing to part with the money required to own one. I always wanted an Empire but those things were very expensive when they were made. This Fluance has the look and feel of the quality turntables of old. For $250 I am well satisfied and I spent more than that for a turntable 30 years when $250 was a lot more money than it is today. 

17 minutes ago, wdecho said:

I have to admit I would love to own a vintage Thorens turntable that has been restored but I am not willing to part with the money required to own one. I always wanted an Empire but those things were very expensive when they were made. This Fluance has the look and feel of the quality turntables of old. For $250 I am well satisfied and I spent more than that for a turntable 30 years when $250 was a lot more money than it is today. 

There are still deals to be had..

just have to put in the time to find one...

and I'm not knocking anyone choice

in tables....

and ar tables are still on the cheap..

if you look hard enough... Just seen one for $75... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wdecho said:

Here's a bargain... I can't say much

On the table.... But the cartridge

is worth that  money...

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/d/thorens-td-280-turntable/6646951766.html

• Like 2

Guest wdecho
33 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Here's a bargain... I can't say much

On the table.... But the cartridge

is worth that  money...

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/d/thorens-td-280-turntable/6646951766.html

That is a deal. I know you were not knocking my choice of a turntable and did not mean to insinuate such. I just took what you said as kidding about new turntables.  

I was out cruising through a couple pawn shops and I ran across what appears to be a mint Rotel RP-6300 for $160.

This would be my first record player and I honestly know nothing about them. Do any of you happen to know if this is a good model?

I tried researching the RP-6300 but all that I have been able to find are a couple broken or damaged units and no reviews.

Any help would be great appreciated! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wdecho said:

Dang, that looks like a decent sounding TT and looks great too. Wish I had run into that table while I was looking for one just a couple + months ago. Decent price for a new one.Enjoy!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, K5SS said:

I was out cruising through a couple pawn shops and I ran across what appears to be a mint Rotel RP-6300 for $160.

This would be my first record player and I honestly know nothing about them. Do any of you happen to know if this is a good model?

I tried researching the RP-6300 but all that I have been able to find are a couple broken or damaged units and no reviews.

Think it is fine by me but, we'll see what the experts say here...

BTW, guessing it comes with dustcover and cart/stylus... if you do go for it, offer them a little less just to see their expression, lol...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, K5SS said:

• Like 4

BTW, K5S$ would use google for search and lookover images for a good look at their offerings and use something like vinylengine to search for reviews, unless they and other sites pop up with google. Disregard if have tried already...

• Like 2

That style of search gave me some more information, thank you! 

I think I am just going to buy it. If it isn’t up to the rest of my gear, I can always sell it and get most, if not all of my money back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, K5SS said:

That style of search gave me some more information, thank you! 

I think I am just going to buy it. If it isn’t up to the rest of my gear, I can always sell it and get most, if not all of my money back.

Yes you are probably right. Cannot see Rotel putting their name on a POS...:) Hope it is all complete...and let know how it sounds if you want...Congrats?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

`Evening Gents

Kidney stones messing with me badly the last couple of months. Then to find out it's only about a quarter inch big and sitting above my bladder.👺

He!!, I've passed `em twice that big before.

Getting a procedure done next week, doc says we're going to go get it.

Did what had to get done today....... then....

Feeling no pain, can't drive anywhere either. So I put on the left side of a good one you might know.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"None Better"

If you've ever watched the Hurricanes since about 2000, You would recognize that John Forslund quote from when Cam would stack `em, then stand on his head, then reach behind his back almost with his glove to stop three shots in ten seconds flat.

Godspeed Cam - we've got the big slowpoke now.

"None Better" from the 80s KC trio than this one:

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

"None Better"

If you've ever watched the Hurricanes since about 2000, You would recognize that John Forslund quote from when Cam would stack `em, then stand on his head, then reach behind his back almost with his glove to stop three shots in ten seconds flat.

Godspeed Cam - we've got the big slowpoke now.

"None Better" from the 80s KC trio than this one:

Untitled.jpg

The more I look at the more I like it..

I do think it's good !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

`Evening Gents

Kidney stones messing with me badly the last couple of months. Then to find out it's only about a quarter inch big and sitting above my bladder.👺

He!!, I've passed `em twice that big before.

Getting a procedure done next week, doc says we're going to go get it.

Did what had to get done today....... then....

Feeling no pain, can't drive anywhere either. So I put on the left side of a good one you might know.

Untitled.jpg

Dig me but don't bury me

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

image.jpg

Besides Yes this band was one of the first that I knew flat out jammed but just in a different way than the normal to me rock and roll.

The trio from the 80s by King Crimson is iconic!

Neal and Jack and me .. Absent lovers...I'm 1952 starlight coupe

• Like 3