Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

6 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Wow, Our House, really sounds nice..

Might have to shift from my Steely Dan summer to CSN&Y. They were my favorites back when I had hair..

Cincy

And with a name change to...

Sensimilla

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Wish you could hear them here. That cover is ruined, but the record is vg. A vg pressing too, the mumps on the F3 mids are all they were cracked up to be.

My first set of Klipsch speakers were F2's. Really didn’t like them. La Scalas were next. Liked those very much. Now it’s H3's and Khorns. 

Khorns are very good.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

Khorns need a corner for the richness to come out 🎶

Actually, a pair will need two corners! 

There are ways around this. Enclosing the backs, building corners. Having a relatively large room with high ceilings helps too. 

First set of speakers I've ever had where I thought about turning down the bass. Didn't do it though.

IMG_1091-XL.jpg

• Like 5

Guest wdecho

I do not see how enclosing the back of a K-horn would be as effective as corner placement of original design. My understanding of the K-horn design was and still is that the walls fulfill the rest of the horn needed for the K-horn to operate effectively.  Sounds to me like enclosing the back of a K-horn was a way to compromise the design to sell more speakers. I would love to hear what PWK would have to say about this decision by management. 

Expanding my audio music appreciation. Always was only R&R in my youth. My father's generation singer had a fantastic voice. One of my Ebay finds. 

latest?cb=20111220013739

3 hours ago, wdecho said:

I do not see how enclosing the back of a K-horn would be as effective as corner placement of original design. My understanding of the K-horn design was and still is that the walls fulfill the rest of the horn needed for the K-horn to operate effectively.  Sounds to me like enclosing the back of a K-horn was a way to compromise the design to sell more speakers. I would love to hear what PWK would have to say about this decision by management. 

Expanding my audio music appreciation. Always was only R&R in my youth. My father's generation singer had a fantastic voice. One of my Ebay finds. 

latest?cb=20111220013739

Do you think Sinatra could sing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wdecho said:

latest?cb=20111220013739

The factory has enclosed the back of Khorns on the 60th and 70th anniversary editions. I think I read here that all Khorns with the new bass bin design will be enclosed as well.  

That being said, I agree with you. 

• Like 1

@cincymat You're not missing a thing with those RB? Khorns.

Gotta know, if you turn them up will the glass in your sliding glass door ripple?

Reason I ask is: when I was a teen my best friends dad had a balanced/blueprinted tri-powered `65 GTO. 

In neutral in front of the Zayre's once he revved it and those 8 X 12' big glass panes rippled like they were water. The people up front inside jumped and looked up at the same time.

Similar principle in play, just curious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@cincymat You're not missing a thing with those RB? Khorns.

Gotta know, if you turn them up will the glass in your sliding glass door ripple?

Reason I ask is: when I was a teen my best friends dad had a balanced/blueprinted tri-powered `65 GTO. 

In neutral in front of the Zayre's once he revved it and those 8 X 12' big glass panes rippled like they were water. The people up front inside jumped and looked up at the same time.

Similar principle in play, just curious.

Those sliders are triple pane sealed panels. I think the drywall would vaporize before the doors shattered! 

The subwoofer will rattle the whole room if something explodes while watching a movie. 

Those Khorns were rebuilt by Dave Harris of Fastlane audio. Dave took down his website recently or I'd post a link to the page he had showing the rebuild. I think I'm the third owner since the rebuild. They're very good looking and sound nice with the the modifications Dave made. 

Cincy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, wdecho said:

latest?cb=20111220013739

--- look at it this way - the 535/402 (Jubes) were PWK's vision for a 2-way KHorn, something he had wanted to do for many years. And call them the KHorn ll. Roy asked PK to come and listen to what he was developing - at that PK said we can't call it a KHorn ll - it sounds better than the KHorn. Point being the Jube bass bin is enclosed and PK found no issue with its performance so I'm guessing, guessing mind you,  if the enclosed KHorn met with PK's performance standard than don't you think the design would have his blessings?Pure  speculation I know but if you look at the many KHorn advancements under PWK's direct watch it might go to say enclosed backs are no different. An acoustic genius, yes but also a businessman needing/wanting to keep his baby afloat..I hardly doubt he would object to selling additional KHorns with a proven design change. 

• Like 3

Wife has gone shopping 

Leaving me to my record spinning 🎶

Currently on the TT is a Double Live album 

Features tracks from the Golden Period 

Artist - Rush 

Title - Exit Stage Left 

ID 363P3256

Japanese Pressing 

On Epic

3E9CB463-2A47-42AB-88CA-F9D4A861F5D1.jpeg

• Like 3