Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Guest wdecho

This is a relatively unknown singer from yesteryear. Rhonda Fleming mainly known for the many motion pictures she starred in. She is still living at 95 years of age. Really good voice. Knockout red head blue eyed beauty in her youth. One of those jewels we run across in the bargain bins occasionally. If anyone wants to add this to their collection Ebay has a sealed copy for $9.50 shipped. You must like big band orchestra music with a talented female singer. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-RHONDA-FLEMING-LP-Rhonda-CBS-SPECIAL-PRODUCTS-1982-re/323134721744?hash=item4b3c548ed0%3Ag%3ArdMAAOSwEjFXdsUP&_sacat=0&_nkw=rhonda+fleming+lp&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.H0.Xrhonda+fleming+lp.TRS0

R-2556042-1501722297-6069.jpeg.jpg

47 minutes ago, wdecho said:

This is a relatively unknown singer from yesteryear. Rhonda Fleming mainly known for the many motion pictures she starred in. She is still living at 95 years of age. Really good voice. Knockout red head blue eyed beauty in her youth. One of those jewels we run across in the bargain bins occasionally. If anyone wants to add this to their collection Ebay has a sealed copy for $9.50 shipped. You must like big band orchestra music with a talented female singer. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-RHONDA-FLEMING-LP-Rhonda-CBS-SPECIAL-PRODUCTS-1982-re/323134721744?hash=item4b3c548ed0%3Ag%3ArdMAAOSwEjFXdsUP&_sacat=0&_nkw=rhonda+fleming+lp&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.H0.Xrhonda+fleming+lp.TRS0

R-2556042-1501722297-6069.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Time for some thoughtful and easy listening blues / folk music 

Remember listening to this album on rotation with Neil Young 

Carol King played piano on this album 

Artist - James Taylor

Title - Sweet Baby James 

63023127-2AA9-4C7B-8BDD-CB175490FF48.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@billybob Until about a year ago and this forum led me to that Beck Bogert & Appice band I though the only rocker that used the voice box was Peter Frampton.

His was on fm radio, our anti-45rpm station didn't even play that particular Jeff Beck group.

They purposefully made it sound kinda like cats in the middle of the night in a couple spots!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@billybob Until about a year ago and this forum led me to that Beck Bogert & Appice band I though the only rocker that used the voice box was Peter Frampton.

His was on fm radio, our anti-45rpm station didn't even play that particular Jeff Beck group.

They purposefully made it sound kinda like cats in the middle of the night in a couple spots!

Yes, as you probably know already, Beck was an early adapter of the fuzz/distortion box, fuzz/wa wa. It was early on that Beck in fact was using the voice box, as you as much stated. Really of course like the other Yardbirds,(understatement) just sortof hung on Beck.

As a matter of fact, was reminded here about Frampton. Just so happened last night, he popped up. Sounded like I remembered. Not shabby at all with his take on the box. Saw him at an outdoor concert at the FSU Union Green along about then, just as it turns out. Beck tended to really apply himself to getting the sounds, new, that he wanted. As stated previously, Cactus, Vanilla Fudge, both of who I was fortunate to see in concert, was just icing on the Ice Cream Cakes, lol...

• Like 3

I rode my ten speed to the K-Mart on South B and picked up "Frampton Comes Alive" as the first album I ever bought. Very good LP for all kinds of occasions.

I'm with these regional guys right now "Georgia Rythym" is my fave here

IMG_20180818_181603.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@dirtmudd

We know that you love "Draw the Line" how about their next? "Done With Mirrors" when that white crap powder messed with so many of my friends back then.

Similar tempo, chords and all that to their white album!

Well done graphics make some LPs even more interesting

Front:

IMG_20180818_191835.jpg

IMG_20180818_191851.jpg

didn't edit these pics

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@dirtmudd

We know that you love "Draw the Line" how about their next? "Done With Mirrors" when that white crap powder messed with so many of my friends back then.

Similar tempo, chords and all that to their white album!

Well done graphics make some LPs even more interesting

Front:

IMG_20180818_191835.jpg

IMG_20180818_191851.jpg

didn't edit these pics

That was night their next one.. It was either live bootleg.... Or right in the nuts.... Done with mirrors... The band got back together... Fresh out of rehab.. I bought that when first released...

Then I caught that tour... With Ted Nugent.. As the opening act..

Joey Kramer did the John Bonham hand solo.. And Ted kick off Joe...

And then the band did a smoking version of red house...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest wdecho

I am broadening my music horizons looking for classics in flea market bins, Found these yesterday in very good playable condition. Jazz, country, and New Orleans blues. A change from my R&R youth. 

THE-MANHATTAN-TRANSFER-Bodies-And-Souls.

220px-Patsy_Cline_-_Patsy_Cline's_Greate

R-1484188-1399940958-1791.jpeg.jpg

Decisions, decisions...  Just saw an auction listing and the guy had no system but listed 6 milk crates of late 60's and 70's LP's.  Hour each way drive time...  5 years ago could have picked it all up for $20.  Today, who knows.  Naturally he had about 6 pics showing, Dylan (spelled Dillon), Stones, Beatles, Who and the rest showing  the crates...  Just what I need MORE vinyl but I did see a few I don't have.  Around here the morons starting lil record shops are hitting auctions, GoodWill buying stuff cheap and re-selling.  Busy week here so I guess we'll see...  Yea, I'll prolly go...  Maybe!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1