Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Just a brief analysis...

dared vp-20 vs dynaco st -70 series 11..

the vp-20 with 6l6 gc quads...

had more punch , in your face mids ,

and a little more sizzle on the top..

st-70 with el 34 quads... Had better low end.

smoother mids , and a slightly rolled of highs

But with the vp-20 ... Rated at 18 watts... But benched tested with the same tubes.. Came in @ 14 watts..

Had more from the start...And seemed louder the st-70..

Not sure what the st-70 benched @

But is rated @ 35...

I think a new set of vintage valves/tubes are in store for this amp...

And a complete tube/valve job for the cj pv-7 preamp are next...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got a couple new replacements, one side down already. The difference between my original copies played hundreds of times in several states of mind is beautiful sounding and Max Volume worthy with this import 180 gr. Back then Barracuda and Kick it Out were my favorites. Over the years I've recognized how beautiful Ann & Nancy could sing the mellower tunes and the picking and strumming that Roger & Howard do for Love Alive, Sylvan Song and most of side two is one of the reasons I've seen Heart about six times.

IMG_20180827_175247.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Got a couple new replacements, one side down already. The difference between my original copies played hundreds of times in several states of mind is beautiful sounding and Max Volume worthy with this import 180 gr. Back then Barracuda and Kick it Out were my favorites. Over the years I've recognized how beautiful Ann & Nancy could sing the mellower tunes and the picking and strumming that Roger & Howard do for Love Alive, Sylvan Song and most of side two is one of the reasons I've seen Heart about six times.

IMG_20180827_175247.jpg

I always was a fan of 'Dog and Butterfly'   :emotion-25:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK the sonics have metamorphosed towards psychedelic.

Non-stop aural excitement on this one, The color in the center has changed from the last time I posted this one to a blue, the sound is much better on the new vinyl!

IMG_20180827_205235.jpg

IMG_20180827_205213.jpg

Think I'll keep this wrapper!

• Like 3

I usually post in the home theater section with my blu-ray reviews but I listen to my records during the day in the office so I thought I would join in.  I do not have any Klipsch in my office set up so dont hold that against me. Spinning a lot of different stuff today ranging from Sturghill Simpson to Fleetwood Mac to newest release of the Appetite for Destruction on vinyl.

sturghill simpson metamodern.jpg

fleetwod mac rumors.jpg

gnr appetite for destruction.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dm465531 said:

I usually post in the home theater section with my blu-ray reviews but I listen to my records during the day in the office so I thought I would join in.  I do not have any Klipsch in my office set up so dont hold that against me. Spinning a lot of different stuff today ranging from Sturghill Simpson to Fleetwood Mac to newest release of the Appetite for Destruction on vinyl.

I won't... good tunes on vinyl are what this thread is about! Looked up those 4312s and they might just sound good to me too, a roomie back in the mid 80s had a pair with twin woofers stacked in the towers. He got me hooked on watching them thump to the Kinks "Superman" among others.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I won't... good tunes on vinyl are what this thread is about! Looked up those 4312s and they might just sound good to me too, a roomie back in the mid 80s had a pair with twin woofers stacked in the towers. He got me hooked on watching them thump to the Kinks "Superman" among others.

My dad had the JBL 100 he bought at the BPX in Germany in 1970 that he brought back and still has and when I was younger I thought they were the bees knees. I finally found a pair of 4312 for a good price, i guess they would be 1st cousin 3rd removed from the 100's, and they remind me of listening to my dad spin records when I was young. Albeit I don't listen to Flaminco like he does but they sound good to me.

• Like 2