Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Havent been in the office much this week and if I was I was watching Netflix's "Ozark". That was a great series and Jason Bateman was amazing as always. As for spinning some records I really only listened to one and that was Coheed and Cambria's 'Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness'. I was never really into Emo but this album has always been one of my favorites and was always a favorite of mine when prepping the Chinook for a mission.

IMG_20180913_150800.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dm465531 said:

Working a little long today so I needed some thunder from down under to get me through it. This 10th anniversary vinyl of the classic self titled album by Wolfmother is amazing. Very lively. Including artwork by Frazetta is just icing on the cake for me.

IMG_20180913_162301.jpg

11 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Interesting...  My phono stage left LA by FedEx and the tracking is showing it's on the way to Argentina?  Seriously?  I hope someone is just having a bit of fun @ FeEx!

Ring FedEx 

Although and due to my location I have seen some parcels do a world trip before landing in Aust 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Further east still southern with my tastes this week. The sun came out just in time for the sunset only some rain tonight after dark clouds zooming by all day since dawn.

Started this one with side two first:

Well I used to wake the morning before the rooster crowed 
Searching for soda bottles to get myself some dough 
Brought 'em down to the corner, down to the country store 
Cash 'em in and give my money to a man named Curtis Loew

IMG_20180914_201139.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have listened to Macca on ABC - AM radio ( Australia) for years and years and years

Just about every Sunday morning 

GDay Macca 

I have a couple of his records and here is one of them 

Artist - Ian McNamara 

Title - Australia All Over - Volume 3

7CCBC003-2F61-4C7C-852E-2292E27EFCA5.jpeg

• Like 3

From the art on the cover and label, Ian's got a fun attitude. Bet the music is too.

That last LP was enough to scratch the itch I've had for that style of music this week.

Been playing this off and on for a couple of weeks and it's really neat, you've got to be in the mood for a little funk and some jazzy keyboards and percussion. 

Mostly far-out guitar playing:

IMG_20180914_210621.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have read that Scofield never plays the same tune twice live as he adds more or less as he goes along 

Anyway the video above is blocked to me so I will add another 

Cool, The proverbial "them"......

why do they do this shiite all of the time?:huh:

• Thanks 1

Good evening / morning Paul and friends!

Finally, Friday evening has arrived and I am in the Music Hall listening to my first play over in RTM and sharing here as always when vinyl...   I just had to hear this again.........YES'  Big Generator  :)DSCN8690.jpg

• Like 2

Side A was on the Marantz with Reference Premiers and I decided to add some bottom with the big Velodyne for a 2.1 vinyl spin ^_^DSCN8693.jpg

SIDE B is spinning now on the TUBE gear and Klipschorns..........Lots of great low end in THIS system....DSCN8694.jpg

• Like 3

Ha, you guys are killing me!!!  More on the travels of my phono stage...  Last evening it was outta LA and on the way to Argentina, today it was back in Valencia, CA and now it's sitting in Rialto, CA yet it's still on time for delivery here in Ohio on Wed.  I'm somehow thinking I saw an error initially in the tracking sequence cause this is nuts!  Maybe it was in Argentina but it's back in Cali today.  lolol  I'm SICK of listening to my slim and none CD collection and Youtube.  I'm reaching deep into "my garbage" group of CD's and praying something sounds better on my LS.  Next week the big dawg is gonna run!  hahahahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1