Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

12 hours ago, Full Range said:

@dirtmudd

So are you considering this very very nice Solo career record collection?

Don't know yet.. It showed up in my

email... From the 

Schizoid Shop 

32f40de1-edbb-431c-a3f6-f3f352971f5f.jpg

You are simply the best.

(And now we all have that Tina Turner song stuck on our minds.)
We have said it before, but you are the best, and we LOVE receiving your contest entries.  We continue to go through entries for the adjective contest (yes, you can insert an eye roll here with our delay in choosing a winner).  In the meantime, we wanted to share a few photos received from the current Meltdown contest.  These are not the only ones we have received, but these seemed fun to share on this Fripp Friday.  We will continue to share more in coming weeks.

We are keeping it short this week, other than to note we are friends with the label who released the recent Allan Holdsworth collection and we have added the latest vinyl box as a pre order as the label is currently pressing more of these extensive sets.

Until next week, enjoy the music, AND the photos!

2ddc675a-f5fb-4f4b-a04f-d6e75ff53fe6.jpg
Gilbert clearly is melting down in this photo!

3485e234-f20d-4fc6-9c27-dce37cfdc760.jpg
Luke melts down when he realizes his used copy of Discipline is defective and he vows only to shop from DGM in the future.

712cefbf-9fb2-4f54-a065-766aa2f29fc2.jpg
Jess almost appears to be in a zen state in his meltdown moment.
f3d75591-1a5b-4ac6-bf91-b21b43539f19.jpg
And, last but not least, our Meltdown CD.

Product Name
$49.99
Buy Now

Product Name
$49.99
Buy Now

Product Name
$49.99
Buy Now
color-twitter-48.png
color-facebook-48.png
color-link-48.png

Copyright © 2018 Schizoid Shop, All rights reserved. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, JohnJ said:

Is that a 3 inch mid-range driver in that shameless beautiful high gloss horn @rplace?

8" the horns are HUGE! The detail and soundstage is wonderful, but like my Khorns they don't hide any flaws. On the fence about which to keep. I'll get a picture with something next to them for reference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rplace said:

That is a 10" bass driver below and it looks tiny

Yes that is a diminutive "Big Ten Inch"er without the tape next to it!

** Don't know why the LP did not register for me... must not be full of caffeine yet today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I like the way that woofer is ported.

Since getting the Super Heresy and experiencing a driver that's matched well for being ported it can make a world of difference.

It's kind of a box inside a box. Something between ported and open baffle with sides, at least in my mind. I believe it is modified Onken specifics from the designer of the horns. here is a more generic drawing of Onken cabinet. See how if you took the outside 3 sides and the top off it would be similar to an open baffle with some sides added. I'm not much of a speaker design nut but these seem to do the job and have been around for a long time from what I gather.

blogger-image--1160203414.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SCHIIIIIIIT!  I'm pretty much amazed at what happened today so far.  Mani delivered by FedEx's driver who lugged the PrimaLuna in for me.  Promised him lighter days then and so far so good.  Ha!  30 minutes later (if that) I was up and running.  Dipsticks set right?  Check!  Cables right?  Check!  Power ON before hitting the amp?  Check!  All plugged in?  Check!  Dust cover off?  Check! OK now what in the H@&L do I play?  I seriously just STOOD there looking TOTALLY stupid!  My first system was in the late 60's or so and I ran ESS Heil speakers (Beatles something),  early 80's it was Infinity Reference Standards (The Wall was just released), now FINALLY followed my first love La Scala's and PrimaLuna tubes?  Yea, ok...  They ALL say tubes are the Schiit's so let's see...  Walked over and pulled the FIRST album that laid there calling my name on top of the pile I've been sorting...  Don Henly "Building the Perfect Beast" cause I thought Sunset Grill should sound great...  Dropped the Karma cartridge on the Linn, turned up the volume and flopped on the couches sweet spot...  Yea, sports fans the old guys jaw totally dropped!  One side was enough so then grabbed Phil Collins, amazed then it was time to break out the #1 LP on the planet forever...  No not Moby Grape but Floyd's Dark Side...  Just finished a Magical Mystery Tour, which it has been...  Now it's Tedeschi Trucks "Revelator" side 1 w/"Midnite in Harlem" on it...Don't worry @Deang I'm being good to those sweet networks you built me.  You tolerated my insanity so well and I've honestly tried to be a good listener!  lolol   Good God guys I don't know where to start with the Thank You's!  Blessed to call you ALL my friends!   BTW Susan Tedeschi has a voice....  Yay me and Thank You ALL again!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Where they the amt1 ? My friends

father had a pair.... With a marantz receiver , I forgot which model.. And dual table....

Sure I don't know you?  Had the same set up then went ALL SAE w/the biggest and bestest they had.  Arnie cut me a deal at his cost!  The dealer he shipped them to was having a litter of puppies mumbling about what I paid for all that stuff.  Inside I was rollin.   Funnier when he said he'd send his best man 200 miles to do the complete install.  Said he was told it was to be properly set up!  Dude wound up spending the night at my place and got to work about noon  the next day!  hahahahaha  :)

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Yay @Dave1290 

The Shiit has landed and making sweet sounding vinyl music 🎶

Now your system can do with a  dust and polish as the Mani is a little bit to shiny now 🤪

Trust me the system DOES need a dust and polish...  That Linn has NEVER looked like that!  Think I'll spray paint the Mani purple just for giggles or maybe pink for Gia!  lolol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1