Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

19 minutes ago, cincymat said:

You have a record player? And Albums? 

Why dint you crank that up when I was there? 

Cincy

=== was hidden away, buried deep. Haven’t used it in years. Check the garage sale, it’s there. A very nice Denon, no arm, no cart.

Matter of fact, you’ve bought everything else I have offered why not take this off my hands. Have I ever steered you wrong?

”hi, my name is Rich and I’m here to help you”. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== was hidden away, buried deep. Haven’t used it in years. Check the garage sale, it’s there. A very nice Denon, no arm, no cart.

Matter of fact, you’ve bought everything else I have offered why not take this off my hands. Have I ever steered you wrong?

”hi, my name is Rich and I’m here to help you”. 

I would have if you had showed it to me. My dear darling wife gave away my Denon TT with a Black Widow tonearm and Shure cartridge cause I hadn’t used it for years. 

Im making up for that as we speak. 

Let me me know when you want to move one of your PASS amps. 

And, you are missing out by not spinning some vinyl through your Jubes. 

Edit:

I just looked at the Denon you have for sale. It’s the same model and vintage I used to have. 

Cincy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, cincymat said:

I would have if you had showed it to me. My dear darling wife gave away my Denon TT with a Black Widow tonearm and Shure cartridge cause I hadn’t used it for years. 

Im making up for that as we speak. 

Let me me know when you want to move one of your PASS amps. 

And, you are missing out by not spinning some vinyl through your Jubes. 

Edit:

I just looked at the Denon you have for sale. It’s the same model and vintage I used to have. 

Cincy 

=== like I said it has buried for many years, out of sight - out of mind. Anywho, by the time I had to carry the Khorns from the basement, nearly single handed I might add, I was flat tuckered out. So with that in mind and the once in a lifetime deal on the Khorns, I’ll be looking for a deposit to my PPal account. I can ship the Denon tomorrow.  Thank you —

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== like I said it has buried for many years, out of sight - out of mind. Anywho, by the time I had to carry the Khorns from the basement, nearly single handed I might add, I was flat tuckered out. So with that in mind and the once in a lifetime deal on the Khorns, I’ll be looking for a deposit to my PPal account. I can ship the Denon tomorrow.  Thank you —

Hey, you picked the bottom going up the stairs not me. 

As as much as I’d like the Denon, I think my Thorens TD160 Super is more than good enough for now. 

Bring the Denon when you come visit me at the beach next year. I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse...

cincy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It won't be long and I'll have this rat's nest in order.  THEN I can finish painting, rip out a flourescent light box over the picture window and install a new halogen spider fixture centered above the window, hang a Levolor then some old artwork I think everyone will enjoy.  Dropping the Heresy's to the floor on the outside of each LS.  Then a 3-4' shelf on the wall next to the Linn for favorite LP's.  Ordering some colored marble 3/8" thick for the tops of the LS.  Everyone has smoked glass...  Hopefully be done by spring!  Maybe!  Ha!

Pictures hopefully soon since I'm up against the 2MB limit... lolol

Someone have the secret remedy for this?  UGH!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

It won't be long and I'll have this rat's nest in order.  THEN I can finish painting, rip out a flourescent light box over the picture window and install a new halogen spider fixture centered above the window, hang a Levolor then some old artwork I think everyone will enjoy.  Dropping the Heresy's to the floor on the outside of each LS.  Then a 3-4' shelf on the wall next to the Linn for favorite LP's.  Ordering some colored marble 3/8" thick for the tops of the LS.  Everyone has smoked glass...  Hopefully be done by spring!  Maybe!  Ha!

Pictures hopefully soon since I'm up against the 2MB limit... lolol

Someone have the secret remedy for this?  UGH!

Find a free picture hosting site and then insert a link to your photos. No site limit then. 

Cincy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Buddy is a mason and he knows a guy for the marble.  He said he'll saw whatever I want.  I just have to find the piece I want so that's covered.  Next door neighbor kid is an electrical engineer so he's handling the wiring, lights and dimmer switches,   Also running a dedicated circuit.  His brother is a dry-waller so he's gonna compound the wall damage from rippin the fluorescent fixtures.  The painting is on me and np there at all.  Actually thinking about a theatre curtain I can draw around behind the couch.  Just thunkin a bit...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Buddy is a mason and he knows a guy for the marble.  He said he'll saw whatever I want.  I just have to find the piece I want so that's covered.  Next door neighbor kid is an electrical engineer so he's handling the wiring, lights and dimmer switches,   Also running a dedicated circuit.  His brother is a dry-waller so he's gonna compound the wall damage from rippin the fluorescent fixtures.  The painting is on me and np there at all.  Actually thinking about a theatre curtain I can draw around behind the couch.  Just thunkin a bit...

Cool, I’ll bring the beer when you’re ready!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Then I suggest to use masking tape 

Makes painting neater and easier 

I've painted on the side for 40 years both indoor and outdoor.  Actually, enjoyed the outside work!  Love doing old 4-5 color Victorians in town.  Crank up the tunes and sweat!  Nuttin better!  People flipped when they saw what I did.  Soooo, the price went up on the next one.  lol  I can cut it faster than you can put 3' of tape down...   It's just gettin my old butt in gear!  lol  Had a real job this was just pocket money for the most part.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1