Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Continuing on with the jazz theme 

This album is the partner album to the previous Miles Davis I played 

Its a complete opposite to the ballads of the last album ( My Sweet Valentine) 

So much life can be heard in this live concert recording that you may be mistaken in thinking the performers were walking on hot coals 

So so much control its mesmerising 

Artist - Miles Davis ( Live In Concert )

Title - Four & More 

Album ID - 9253 On Columbia 

05CC8929-4815-49A0-B24F-EF820614CDB7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@billybob  Ha, gonna be up a while yet anyway.  Temps going downhill after today so the yard work is done w/the exception of my living in Sherwood Forest here.  9 huge oaks across the street, two in the rear on the lot beside me, with 2 big Maples out front of his place.  Sucks to be me this time of year.  Chillin now and can vote all day lol... 

Got a pair of 81 LS in RB with @Deangs Jupiter networks,  then went with BEC"s tweets.  Runnin into a Prima Luna integrated.  Paul convinced me on the Schitt Mani for the phono stage and I went with my old '81 Linn table.  The table is next on the hit list with a new MC cart, rebuild and fix it up.  It's time.  

Prior to, I had a complete SAE system running into Reference Standard 2.5's.  Tossed a Perreaux 3150 power amp into that mix.  Wanted to go with tubes this time and I'm too darn old to start spending money for McIntosh which would out-live me!  Ha!

The entire system just sounds great and when the Linndude gets done it should truly kick butt.

Yea, so back to the moosic...  SRV is close to Vanilla Fudge.  HA!  I'll call that Heat and raise that bid anytime!  lolol

IMG_20181105_230533837 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lol, no, that is to cool, posted  that Fudge earlier although, album cover looks a bit nicer...lol. cool...

Like my history, somewhat.

30 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

@billybob  Ha, gonna be up a while yet anyway.  Temps going downhill after today so the yard work is done w/the exception of my living in Sherwood Forest here.  9 huge oaks across the street, two in the rear on the lot beside me, with 2 big Maples out front of his place.  Sucks to be me this time of year.  Chillin now and can vote all day lol... 

Got a pair of 81 LS in RB with Deang's Jupiter networks,  then went with BEC"s tweets.  Runnin into a Prima Luna integrated.  Paul convinced me on the Schitt Mani for the phono stage and I went with my old '81 Linn table.  The table is next on the hit list with a new MC cart, rebuild and fix it up.  It's time.  

Prior to, I had a complete SAE system running into Reference Standard 2.5's.  Tossed a Perreaux 3150 power amp into that mix.  Wanted to go with tubes this time and I'm too darn old to start spending money for McIntosh which would out-live me!  Ha!

The entire system just sounds great and when the Linndude gets done it should truly kick butt.

Yea, so back to the moosic...  SRV is close to Vanilla Fudge.  HA!  I'll call that Heat and raise that bid anytime!  lolol

IMG_20181105_230533837 (1).jpg

Soundin' good no doubt...

42 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

9 huge oaks across the street, two in the rear on the lot beside me, with 2 big Maples out front of his place.  Sucks to be me this time of year.  Chillin now and can vote all day lol... 

Lol, yes a blower is nice, for the neighbors...Leave Games...:lol:

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Full Range said:

We have compulsory voting 

No vote = A fine 

Dude...better vote or...lol

28 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, no, that is to cool, posted  that Fudge earlier although, album cover looks a bit nicer...lol. cool...

Like my history, somewhat.

Soundin' good no doubt...

No I guess so, going to have to compare notes...Are you happy with the Jupiters' and the LS'...I'm sure, lol

@Dave1290

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

No I guess so, going to have to compare notes...Are you happy with the Jupiters' and the LS'...I'm sure, lol

@Dave1290

When I got my LS I was clueless about the "innards."  Back in 1905 I'd lugged them all over the place and yea knew they'd do it all...  There they were in raw birch just like I'd lugged and not a mark on them so they got loaded up and lugged in here.  I joined here to actually try to LEARN about the Klipsch speakers but I knew what I wanted them to sound like.  I read @Deang posts and w/him being from Ohio I hit him up.  I also drove him totally INSANE w/millions of questions about gear but I knew I wanted him to make 'em sing.  So yea, they sing BIG-time!  I'd be bald w/o his help and advice. One happy camper!

I truly can't say enough good things about everyone here.  Just lay it out there and go!

Done w/this and on to "Arc of a Diver!"  :)  

winwood.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, billybob said:
  • Yes Dean set me upon track...agreed..the LS just blow away so much, it is just fodder, unless, it is Klipsch...cool

Yea, one day my mailman sat here in the driver's seat...  30 seconds into something he was smiling ear to ear.  Said, "Now that's what a speaker is SUPPOSED to sound like!"  He'll be a repeat offender soon!  lol

Talk later I'm gonna hit it!  Enjoyed it!

• Haha 2

AXSTV  had a SRV special on last month: SRV: The Rise of a Texas Bluesman

You guys would love it, he wasn't old enough to drive and was already turning heads in TX. Playing with folks ten years older than him, couple of connects from Jimmy but not a lot. Had this chic that sang with them for a while and they sounded real good then too! Lots of footage and then my thoughts of what could have been a lifetime of more fantastic music from him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This will finish my excellent HEAVY Analogue Productions SRV stuff.

"Family Style"

IMG-20181106-191410.jpg

This LP is not heavy tex blues, really more what I'd call boot shufflin music.

Cross- genre appeal maybe, chillin' to "Hillbillies" right now!

It's a decent listen no matter your musical tastes!

• Thanks 1