Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Love the fact EC has taken Derek Trucks under his wing to handle the close tight work he can't catch anymore...   Derek and that slide on everything w/picks in his fingertips...  Incredible to watch live.  He's ALWAYS there just like EC was and has been throughout his career.  Enjoy...  Joe B?  Pffffft...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

My opinion Joe B. does all kinds of technical things but his tunes are very blah.

JJK

I want to hear an original artist's work I'll pull him out and listen to him.  Joe B's work is woven w/so many others work.  Not creative at all imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, here's a slide kid when you learn how to use it we'll give you some stage time w/us.  So yea he took it to heart and melded with it learing every nuance of most of the great artists before him much like Joe B.  The difference is Derek doesn't weave other's riffs into his work like Joe B has always done.  You'll hear 3-4 different artists riffs in Joe B's stuff, whereas a true player like EC, BB, would NEVER do it.  Sure it's been done for ages by others but not all the time.  Plagiarism at a new level with Joe.  Maybe I'm just too picky.  Dunno.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey @Dave1290 I wonder if Derek is Butch's son, that would explain it he might have been expose to Duane and Dickie back in the 70s.

Good poster, but those chipmunk cheeks on Jimi are bad.

Nephew but always hangin w/Butch.  Wanted to play soooo they made him take it to another level.  Was that a trick question?   lol  Jimi's cheeks?  Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

If that's supposed to look like a handlebar mustache it was a rookie artist! 

It's actually an artist's rendition taken from a pic Ron Raffaelli took of the guys.  Ron's color print was also used by Tower Records in a B&W print on a 3 x 5 inch promo handout.   Not many of those around.  Jimi signed most and they do turn up for sale once in a while.  About $3-5k depending on condition.  Bwa ha ha...   :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Reposting this again 

Just deserves another spin 😎 don’t you think 

A brilliant first record that is still a favourite to this day 

No introduction nessasary ?

Artist - The Jimi Hendrix Experience 

Title - Are You Experienced 

USA 1st Pressing RS6261 - 1967

8DFE888E-CEE3-4BE9-8317-228A767D49DE.jpeg

3B1D525C-B5F4-4093-A99F-3916D5D1FB19.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

New trache in today from forum member.

JAMES gANG rIDES again AND jG THIRDS...NOSTALGIA FLOODING IN WITH MIXED YET COMPlACENT EMO...

Alright will do a panoramic version soon of both...Hendrix I can get...maybe...enjoying the banter and opinion.

Alright already, lol...Fosters...:emotion-44:

• Like 3

Reposting this again 

Just deserves another spin [emoji41] don’t you think 

A brilliant first record that is still a favourite to this day 

No introduction nessasary ?

Artist - The Jimi Hendrix Experience 

Title - Are You Experienced 

USA 1st Pressing RS6261 - 1967

8DFE888E-CEE3-4BE9-8317-228A767D49DE.thumb.jpeg.b0109237ecd5a4970747d39786c917a9.jpeg

3B1D525C-B5F4-4093-A99F-3916D5D1FB19.thumb.jpeg.ba83eba1acb7a1992155cc290e76f812.jpeg

Fantastic first album! I was listening to Jimi all day today at work.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Evening Paul & all. Got a Jimi repost myself!

This was one of if not the first heavyweight LPs I ever got, came out when I worked at the record bar to support my (mopar big block) gasoline also my A.gold & C.redbud habits.

The live "I Don't Live Today" is exceedingly clear and clean with the perfect amount of reverb. The rest is noticeably the same with this LP.

I was not clear nor "clean" back then.

IMG-20181129-214419.jpg

Roomie hit the sack early, I won't tonight so the headphones are out tonight. The last of my Jimi as long as I'm without a good working cassette deck.

"Castles" always a favorite with me!!

IMG-20181129-214448.jpg

** After listening to this again, I'll have to agree with the fellow that wrote this 👇   Jimi's Music heals.

IMG-20181129-221959.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 5