Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Ok, I usually don't post here if not vinyl..............but this is such a great album, and since it has only been played but a YEAR ago, I am spinning it over in RTM....  Moody Blues 'December' a sweet collection of music for the Christmas season, and not sure if it is available on vinyl  (I have not looked yet)...   Here is the cover artwork...DSCN0131.jpg

Booklet opened to the first page reveals a nice photo of the band mates...DSCN0132.jpg

• Like 2

Good evening my friends here in Vinyl Spinnin'   ....................  When my mom passed away, and my step dad not long after her, my sister and I got a lot of STUFF from our childhood and such.   My mom's LP record collection has been in a box out in my garage for a few years and I FINALLY brought it in today because I knew from growing up as a little kid, there were some classic Christmas albums among the many LPs.....    

This was ALWAYS a favorite that was played to start our Christmas morning breakfast and gift opening tradition....   Released in 1963 (I was only 11 years old !)   Here is the cover, with my Grand M. and chocolates ready to go.....  (Still in the old shrink wrap!)   Happily, my mom was as fussy about her records as I am, and it survived nicely, nearly scratch free!DSCN0154.jpg

• Like 3

......Now HERE is a classic....   I was a mere 6 years old when this was released (1958)...   I thought it was stereo, but like the Burt K. LP, MONO.....   Very clean album here, pretty amazing considering the age!   Funny, I heard some selections from this one on Spotify this morning during breakfast....    Johnny Mathis 'Merry Christmas'....DSCN0158.jpg

• Like 3

Here is one side of the inner sleeve..........do note the directive on how to care for the record AND your stylus....  complete with add for a stereo console...;)DSCN0160.jpg

.......flip side of innersleeve showing other recordings available back in those days.....DSCN0161.jpg

• Like 1

Thought to play something from a female artist 

Don’t think anyone has posted a release from her 

In anycase this album is just a joy  to listen to for it’s diverse genres and it also features Bob Dylan and some Tom Waits material 

Artist - Bette Midler 

Title - Songs For The New Depression 

D1B54087-DA20-489F-9BFE-178907398397.jpeg

@dirtmudd Funny, EVERY time I see Donald Fagen I think of that LP.  Had it when it was first released and loved it.  Someone borrowed it and I can't remember who so I've been nosing for one around here @ auctions, garage sales, etc.   Youngest was here Xmas telling me how much she enjoyed her lil system I put together for her.  She sat listening to mine and wanted to take it back with her I'm sure...  She's wanting to get into vinyl and wanting a table now soooo the other day I get these pics from her...

First msg w/a pic of the bins in a shop was "Want anything?"  Of course that was the first LP I told her but I really didn't want her spending her money on it.  Next msg was, "You'll have it soon!"   I'd TOTALLY forgotten about that shop about 60 miles away.  Road trip?  Mmmm , you betcha.  The old man is stoked!!!

28283.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1